· NOTE: On November 1, 1975, WBAB 1440 AM changed its call letters to WNYG. As I write this update, this month is the 30th anniversary of the change from WBAB-AM to WNYG. I would like to take this time to wish WNYG a belated 30th anniversary! I sincerely believe that WNYG’s first tour of duty as a religious programming station helped make Christian 54 possible.
· Mr. Lloyd Parker recently sent me a copy of WLIX’s program lineup as of September 1995—just one month before the end of WLIX.
· On April 10, 2004, I added a page of WLIX pictures.
· As of July 5, 2003, I have updated the on-air lineup information for the following years: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992. Thanks to Mr. Brian Fisher and Ms. Mary Perez for sending me much of this WLIX scheduling information. I have also updated the WLIX Theme Music page by listing WLIX’s Number One Songs of the Year from 1979 through 1991 as given in issues of WLIXtra. I thank Ms. Mary Perez for sending me several old WLIXtras recently.
· On October 12, 2002, I updated the “Christian 54 is Born!” section by adding the Top Ten CCM songs of 1979 as determined by the program National Gospel Countdown.
· On January 18, 2002, I loaded the Last Days of New York Gospel page.
· The Last Days of New York Gospel—WNYG’s first tour of duty as a Religious/CCM station from 1975 through 1979
· WLIX Personalities (COMING SOON!)
· WLIX Links—Links to websites relating to religious programming and Contemporary Christian Music
If anyone has any programming or scheduling information pertaining to WNYG’s first “New York Gospel” period of 1975 through 1979 or WLIX’s 16-year run as Christian 54, please e-mail me.
I am also looking for people who have kept flyers, promotional materials, and scheduling logs for WLIX from 1979 through 1995. This information will be very helpful in filling in the gaps of my research.
Also, if anyone has copies of some of WLIX’s weekly song surveys from 1979 through 1995, please let me know.
I could also use WNYG and WLIX scheduling information from issues of the AM-FM Radio Guide, a short-lived publication based in Glen Head, New York. This publication began in May 1978, but I don’t know when it disbanded. Still, if anyone has copies of this magazine, please e-mail me at one of the above addresses.
Also, I would like to thank Mr. Brian Fisher, a former DJ at WLIX, for providing the photo of the WLIX mug and button that accompanies this index page.
Does anyone have any old copies of Forerunner? Forerunner was a monthly publication put out by the Christian Artists Ministries of Bay Shore, New York, in the early 1980s, and it may have featured advertising material and/or scheduling information about WLIX.
Finally, I need to get into contact with someone on Long Island who has a working flatbed scanner so I can upload pictures and other items that are sent to me via snail mail for use on this and other websites I’m doing. If you can help me, please e-mail me.
This website is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by WLIX, WLUX, WLIE, Living Communications, or WNYG.
This site, along with its original research contents, is copyright 2002 by David R. Jackson.
This page was last updated on November 7, 2005.