Theistic Satanism: Home > Rituals, etc.
Rituals, magick, and devotional practices
This page aims to provide useful information both for those theistic Satanists who practice magick and for those with a more devotional approach. I myself am primarily in the latter category, but I've been around the occult scene long enough to have a good idea as to which approaches to magick are at least sane and which other approaches are likely to drive a person completely nuts. Alas, the theistic Satanist scene today is dominated by the latter, most likely due to a dearth of good information about magic(k)al practices compatible with a respectful attitude toward Satan and demons.
At the same time, it must be said that ritual, whether devotional or magic(k)al, is a highly individual thing. Different techniques work well for different people. No one technique or system works well for everyone. You may need to experiment with a variety of different techniques and systems.
So, I would recommend approaching this entire subject with respectful caution. Take your time. Don't rush. Look before you leap. There are too many ways you can inadvertantly drive yourself insane if you don't know what you are doing. Listen to the advice of the saner and more intelligent folks, but don't regard any of them as infallible. Study as many different sources as you can.
- Prayers to Satan, including some literary classics
- Important things you should know about the human mind (Very important. Be sure to read this before you try doing anything beyond simple prayer.)
- For those new to Satanism, including a self-initiation rite
- A recommended standard ritual format
- Pacts with the Devil
- Rites of blasphemy, including The Black Mass
- Meditation techniques
- Psychic development techniques and ritual magick
- Latin tutorials and dictionaries
- Online places to get candles and other ritual supplies
- For women only
- Ceremonial magick links in my collection of Information about various religions (The sites listed do not pertain to Satanism per se, but some Satanists may find the information useful.)
- Rituals, magick, and devotional practices on the Black Goat Cabal site
- More later.
Back to Diane Vera's Theistic Satanism page