Counter-Evangelism: Home > Success stories & advice
Counter-evangelism success stories and advice
- Counter-evangelism advice
- Deconversion stories
- Counter-evangelism advice
- List of pages on the Biblical Errancy site
- List of pages on Secular Web
- With Friends Like These... on The Truth Shall Set You Free
- Debating with Jehovah's Witnesses on Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses
- More later.
The deconversion stories below did not necessarily involve counter-evangelism. Counter-evangelism did play a key role in some of theise stories. But deconversion from Christianity often happens entirely from within, by the person's own reasoning.
However, understanding how a variety of people have deconverted from Christianity may aid in the development of more effective counter-evangelism strategies.
- Born-Again Heathen: from Christianity to Asatru by Ingeborg S. Nordén on N.O.R.S.E. pages
- Ex-Christian testimonies from Usenet
- Deconversion stories from letters to Biblical Errancy
- De-Conversion Stories on Positive Atheism.
- Testimonials on Secular Web (Internet Infidels)
- When the Walls Came Tumbling Down on Living without Religion and Christianity
- How Questioning Has Changed Me: A Journey into Skepticism by Merle Hertzler on Questioning: An Examination of Christian Belief
- Doubt and Critical Mass by Dave LF on Benefit of the Doubt
- My Spiritual Journey - detailed deconversion story
- My Personal Testimony about a Loss of Faith and Re-Conversion and then back into Skepticism by Sharon Lemke, on Skepticism and Christianity
- My deconversion ... and current thoughts by an ex-Catholic
- Paths to Pantheism - deconversion stories of ex-Christians who became pantheists
- No, I'm Not a Christian -- Not Anymore! by James Buckner
- Webmaster's anti-testimony on ExChristian.net
- Index of Web Pages of Personal Testimonies of individuals who've abandoned Fundamentalism, cults, and organized religions on Fundamentalists Anonymous. Also on the same site: Testimomies of Deconversion in Ed Babinski's Debate Faith forum.
- The Apostate's Weekly (a blog -- see the entry for Saturday, July 26, 2003)
- Growing Up in the Religion of Hate by Jerry Bergman, Ph.D., an ex-Jehovah's Witness, on Research and opinions on Jehovah's Witnesses
I'd love to publish some deconversion stories here on this site, especially from people who are currently adherents of alternative religions. (Most of the above stories are from people who are currently atheists.) You may email me your story.
I'd also love it if someone (and preferably more than one person) could go through all the above stories and try to extract some useful insights. If anyone decides to write a survey article about these stories, please let me know, and I'll certainly consider publishing it here (or linking to it, if already published on another site). I am unlikely to have time to write such an article myself in the near future, alas.
Back to Counter-Evangelism Resource Page