Counter-Evangelism: Home > Arguments > Morality > Child abuse
Morality and its foundations:
Child abuse in the church
Despite claims by some Christians that Christian-style theism is essential to morality, it does not appear that Christianity is especially good at preventing child abuse.
- Betrayal of Trust: Clergy Abuse of Children and The Scandal of Pedophilia in the Church on the website of Freedom From Religion Foundation, who worked for decads to expose this stuff before the Pope and U.S. bishops finally decided to do something about it
- Australian church offenders register by Arnoume
- Apologetics Index, a relatively moderate evangelical Christian site devoted to critiquing the more extreme and cultish fundamentalist sects (as well as critiquing all of us non-Christians, of course). Enter "child abuse beat" in that site's search engine for lots of news stories about violent child abuse in fundy sects.
- silentlambs -- about child abuse, especially among Jehovah's Witnesses. See also the Forum for Jehovah's Witnesses, run by an ex-JW.
- More later (under construction)
See also Online Bibles (so you can look up this stuff yourself).