Counter-Evangelism: Home > Arguments > Biblical nastiness
Arguments against hardcore Christian beliefs:
Bible-sanctioned cruelties and other Biblical nastiness
Most Christians don't read their Bible very much. If they were to read it, many would be shocked by the Bible's actual contents.
- Biblegod The War Criminal on Set Free!
- The God of the Bible on The Rejection of Pascal's Wager: A Skeptic's Guide to Christianity
- List of pages on the Secular Web (Internet Infidels) site
- List of pages on The Skeptic's Annotated Bible site
- List of pages on the Biblical Errancy site
- List of Farrell Till's "Journeys to the Twilight Zone" columns
- List of pages on JustDrew's Biblical Truths site
- Biblegod - A God of Love or a God of Atrocities? and The Darkside of King David, by Mike McClellan
- Bible on the Floor in The Hardcore/Punk Guide to Christianity
- Was Jesus a Horse Thief? by Anne Nicol Gaylor, on the Freedom From Religion Foundation site
- List of pages on The Luciferian Liberation Front site, plus comments by Diane Vera
- Jesus was not such a nice guy
Despite all these atrocities and other at-best morally questionable behaviors, hardcore Christian apologists claim that their god is "all-Good," that Jesus sets a good moral example, and even that belief in a Christian-style god is necessary for morality. For some responses to the latter claims, see Morality and its foundations.
For still more Biblical cruelty on the part of "God" himself, see also Heaven, hell, "love," and "justice" and Presuppositionalism and Calvinism.