The family of
Hugh Bourn Lane and Elizabeth Jones
Hugh Bourn Lane
First wife Elizabeth Jones Lane
Second wife Lucinia Nelson Lane
Hugh Bourn Lane (with hat), Lucinia (to his right) with children. Older children believed to be the children of Elizabeth and Hugh. Bertha Louise is standing on the left.
Hugh Bourn Lane b. July 20, 1847 (Driftwood, Pennsylvania) d. January 16, 1929 son of William and Sarah Smith Lane married Elizabeth Jones b. 1856 d. April 1886 daughter of Linus Vincent Jones and Hannah Dickenson Heddon. Hugh remarried after the death of Elizabeth to Lucinia Jerusha Nelson.
Hugh Bourn was a farmer by occupation and he enjoyed carving as a hobby.
I had a visit with Roger Lane and he told a story of the marriage of Elizabeth and Hugh. Apparently Hugh was originally to marry Lucinia first but left town and met and married Elizabeth. After the death of Elizabeth, Hugh Bourn returned and married Lucinia.
The following children were born to Hugh Bourn and Elizabeth:
1) Howard b.? d. infant death
2) Jessie May Lane b. 1875 d. 1954 married Wallace H. Graves
3) Bertha Louise Lane b. 1877 d. 1897 married Harry William Rubright
4) Sarah Etta Lane b. 1881 d. 1932 married Marshall Dings
5) Arthur Lane b. November 1882 d. December 1882
6) Harry Myron Lane b. 1884 d. 1960 married Mary Delight Robinson
7) Charles Leroy Lane b. 1886 d. ? married Ann E. Rose and Grace Hawkins
The following children were born to Hugh Bourn and Lucinia Jerusha Nelson:
1) William Nelson Lane b. 1887 d. ? married Bethel Broadbent
2) Jay Watson Lane b. 1889 d. 1975 married Harriett Schoomaker
3) Edith Marion Lane b. 1892 d. ? married Everett Harding Meyers
4) Rodney Hugh Lane b. 1894 d.? married Dorothy Corson