The Old Palatine Church

Erected 1770

Preserved as a “Shrine of Lutheranism in the Mohawk Valley” by

The Palatine Society of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, Inc.

P. O. Box 208
Nelliston, New York 13410

The Palatine Society of the Evangelical Lutheran Church exists to preserve the heritage of the colonial settlers from the Palatinate region of Germany in the eighteenth century who settled throughout upstate New York, and in other areas. The prime focus of the society is the preservation of the Old Palatine Church, located on Old Mill Road (off Route 5) between Nelliston and St. Johnsville. It is open by appointment only.

(Official Website)

Click HERE to see a map.

Click HERE to see a scan of a vintage postcard of the Old Palatine Church

Links to pages in the
web site that pertain to the Old Palatine Church:

Palatine Church

The Old Palatine Church and The Cochran House

Journal / From Bellows Pumper to Organ Builder

Faiths of Our Fathers

Palatine Church

Web Sites Maintained by David Jay Webber