created by Debbie Kennedy
Long Island Educational Enterprise Zone
| General Information
| Primary Source Documents
| Teacher Materials and Lesson Plans
Below are links to start you on your journey to discovering why people left their homelands and traveled to America.
The Internet Resources
- Ellis Island
- Move through this online exhibit, and experience Ellis Island as one of over 12 million immigrants have in the past.
- Immigration in American Memory
- The American Memory collections offer rich and varied primary resources pertaining to immigration. Search American Memory for hundreds of items about migration, immigration, and emigration.
- Welcome To Electronic Ellis Island: A Virtual Heritage
- The mission of this online museum is to view our diversity through the eyes of children.
- The American Immigration Home Page
- The American Immigration Home Page was started as a part of a school project for a 10th grade American History Class. The project was meant to give information as to how immigrants not only were treated, but also why they decided to come to America
- Immigration Data
- You can get immigration data already set up in an Excel spreadsheet at this Web site.
- U.S. Immigration Laws
- Description of laws from early 1770s to the present.
- The U.S. Citizenship Test: Learning, And Earning,
- See how you do on 100 sample questions that are used for citizenship testing.
Primary Source Documents
Teacher Materials and Lesson Plans