Think you can get 100% on this? These are all questions from my book "The Stooge Fans' I.Q. Test."
a) Shadow of the Thin Man
b) Fat Chance, Your Honor
c) Dizzy Detectives
6. Director Ed Bernds said that "The Three Stooges owed a great deal" to Joe Henrie, an "unsung hero." Joe was involved in most acts of violence the Stooges perpetrated, but he wasn't a stuntman. What was he?
9. What was the immortal slogan of the Men in Black?
10. In 1935's Ants in the Pantry, Moe and Larry were playing cards. Someone said "Cut the deck," so Curly cleaved it in half with a hatchet. In 1932 another member of a famous comedy trio had used the same gag. Who?
11. He joined The Three Stooges, even though he had been a success on stage. Dorothy Killgallen wrote in Cosmopolitan, "The next comedian to hit the laughter jackpot of the nation in the manner of Bob Hope and Abbott and Costello is -----." Who drew the praise from Dorothy, and the prediction he'd "be larger than life on everybody's neighborhood screen."?
12. "Half Wits Holiday" is one of the boys' pie-throwing extravaganzas. Within five, how many pies (or substantial handfuls of pie) struck Moe, Larry, Curly and the "society" guests at the melee? Remember, we're counting every sloppy splat that scored a hit on someone's head, face, or bent over backside.
13. When Curly was knocked unconscious, Moe was usually concerned. He'd shout "Say a few syllables!" And if Curly didn't respond: "Utter a few ________!"
14. On January 4, 1982 this prestigious newspaper ran a headline on the FRONT PAGE proclaiming "The Three Stooges Are Riding a Wave of Adult Adulation." They said "The Evel Knievels of comedy" were big business, selling millions of bucks' worth of films and memorabilia! What money-minded paper broke this important story?
15. Gladys George valiantly ran an orphan asylum in the soft-hearted melodrama "Valiant Is The Word for Carrie." The title was switched for a soft-headed Stooge comedy. What was that title?
16. Bank robber Terry Hargan had a suit with the initials "T.H." But what did Shemp think the initials meant?
17. Why is August 30, 1983 an historic day for the Stooges? (Hint: It took place out on the street!)
18. In a rare literary reference in a Stooge short, a dowager(Symona Boniface) doesn't notice that Moe's just gotten rid of a pie by slamming it up into the ceiling. She tells the nervous Stooge, "You act as though ___ ___ of _______ was hanging over your head." You had no idea what it meant as a kid -- how about now? Fill in the blanks.
19. Jack Kerouac called this stooge "goofhaired, mopple- lipped, lisped, muxed and completely flunk." Which stooge was he talking about?
20. What was the last film Moe Howard ever made?