|DESCENDANTS OF WILLIAM FOWNES|
WILLIAM FOWNES was of Saxby Worcestershire England in 1400. He married
(unknown) HYELTON; daughter of Sir Robert Hyelton. This line is speculative until the
Children of WILLIAM FOWNES and (unknown) HYELTON:
1. GEORGE married (unknown) MALBANCK.
Children of GEORGE FOWNES and (unknown) MALBANCK:
1. WILLIAM married (unknown) TELHAM.
Children of WILLIAM FONES and (unknown) TELHAM:
1. JOHN married (unknown) BRADLEY.
Children of JOHN FONES and (unknown) BRADLEY:
1. JOHN married (unknown) LEWELL.
Children of JOHN FONES and (unknown) LEWELL:
Children of JOHN FONES and (unknown):
3. Richard married Joane Twidall of Isle of Axholme Lincolnshire; lived in Bristol
Children of THOMAS FONES and (unknown):
1. THOMAS died 15 Apr 1629 London England; married (1) 25 Feb 1604/5 ANNE
WINTHROP born 1586; died 16 May 1618; daughter of Adam Winthrop and Anne
Browne; married (2) Priscilla Burgis, widow Sherman. He was an apothecary in London
Children of THOMAS FONES and ANNE WINTHROP:
Named in will of Thomas dated 14 Apr 1629; (*);
1. Dorothy born 24 Oct 1608; died 24 Dec 1608.
2. (*) ELIZABETH born 21 Jan 1609/10 Groton Suffolk England; died 1673 LI NY; married
(1) 25 Apr 1629 Henry Winthrop who died 2 July 1630 Salem MA; son of Gov. John
Winthrop; married (2) ROBERT
FEAKE born 20 Sep 1602 London England; died 1 Feb 1660/1 Watertown MA; son of James Feake and Judith Thomas; married (3)
William Hallett. Elizabeth followed her deceased husband, Henry Winthrop, to
Massachusetts Bay Colony aboard the ship LYON in 1631. Elizabeth is well-known as
“The Winthrop Woman” of the historical novel with that title by Anya Seton.
3. (*) Martha married 8 Feb 1631 John Winthrop Jr. born 12 Feb 1606; son of Gov. John Winthrop of
Massachusetts Bay Colony.
4. (*) Samuel.
Children of Thomas Fones and Priscilla Burgis:
6. Priscilla died before 1628.