Welcome to The Fifth Element Universe! This is a site that I have made in honor of The Fifth Element, the best movie of all time. I have explanations of movie goofs, tons of info, personal observations, movie shots, and even have some .WAV files from the movie. Check out my new "Open Questions Answer" page that i've set up so that all the people who write to me can get credit!
2) In the NY flying car chase, we can clearly hear the sounds of car tires as if the cars where running on firm ground. - What we have here is a poor understanding of the 23rd century. We don't fully understand the culture of that time. Mabye some people have "false sound" boxes attached to their cars in the future to make it more like the old days. I've seen things like this in recent times: speakers for crappy cars that make them sound like Ferraris and such. Mabye this can explain it. An argument for this point would be that these "false sound" boxes provide horns also. I really don't see a need for a horn when there are thousands of cars flying on the same road. Nobody would really listen eiether way.
3) When Bruce is in his bed at the begining of the movie and behind him the Brasilian national soccer team poster, we could see the four stars shown in the poster (which is the current Brasilian Logo corresponding to them 4 time winning the championship). This means, according to Besson that Brasil will not win the world championship in Soccer for the next 300 years !!!! - This is no goof! One of two things is happening here. Eiether Brazil hasn't won the world championship in Soccer for the last 300 years, which is a possibility; or Korben is merely an antique collector.
4) At the Begining, a Mondoshawan is stuck in the room that contains the 5 elements. While 3 centuries later, when Korben, Leeloo, Ruby and the priest come back to this place, no signs of this Mondoshawan are found nor remains of his hand stuck in the door. - There was 300 years worth of priests who could have opened the door and properly disposed of the Mondoshiwan carcass! The first priest to have the key was probably the one who did this! If not him, then all the others along the way could have gotten rid of it somehow.
5) When Bruce is chasing Milla in the space ship, before arriving to Fholston Paradise, he is not wearing his shirt. While when going out of the ship he has it on. - He probably put it on! Like I said before, there are some scenes that are not included. This movie isn't supposed to be in real time.
6) In the inner sanctum, the statue is generally dusty, exepect for a handprint on the statue's right shoulder (left on screen) - Well this could really be ANYthing...I'm not going to go into detail about the scenarios that could have produced this goof. We're really nitpicking here. If you want this to be a goof, then it is to you.
7) The Diva's head piece is obviously a balloon, you can see it crease when she is singing the opera bit, you can also see the spotlights shine through the headpiece. -Did Besson run out of money? - Actually, Besson had quite a bit of money to use on this particular film. What this "goof" is can be explained in the fact that Plavalaguna is an alien! Sure, the costume was probably a latex hat, but who knows what aliens are like?! Mabye her head skin is rubbery and bends when it moves. And it could also be translucent, which would account for the light shining through.
8) Zorg's first steps let us hear a "cling" on his left leg. Next scene : it's on the right! - OK, so a sound engineer messed up on this one...not everyone is perfect like Leeloo.
The following questions are those that I pose to the visitors of this page. Check out the Answers To Open Questions to see what people have written, or leave a respone fo your own!
-What did they do to that Mondoshiwan carcass in the beginning? (Bury, cremate?)
-Did the Mondo even die in the beginning? (Only his hand was crushed)
-Was the professor killed or was he just 'put to sleep'? He might have waken up afterward with no memory of his findings. How do we know what Red Eyes do?
-Was Korben 'chosen" for his role in saving the planet, or simply an innocent bystander? (He tells his cab computer "I had a horrible nightmare")
-How many points do people get on their licenses in the future? He lied to fingers "at least 50...". This still doesnt give us any clue as to how many people get.
-If fingers "flew over 1000 missions with Korben", then how come that General Munro said "of all the members of your squadron, you are the only one left alive"?
-Was Zorgs right-hand-man a robot? How did he explode? Or was it the phone? Eiether way...he talked like a goon!
-Was the helmsman of Fhloston Paradise a broken robot that couldn't hear well? Or was he a deaf man? Or was the first mate just mad at him for some reason?
-Did the Diva know the future? Why did she put those stones IN her? What kind of operation is that?
-Why did the bomb detector take 15 minutes to kick in? And how did it know the exact count the bomb had? If it could measure the count on it, couldn't it have detected the bomb earlier?
-How did the Mangalores manage to smuggle such a HUGE explosive onto Fhloston? How did they even get on in the first place? Did they actually pre-book months in advance?
-Why did the President call Korben to ask for help when the ball of fire was coming? How would he know what to do?
-Why wasnt Korben going faster than light in the first place? We got a world to save here!
-If 'Mr.Shadow' never went running towards Earth, then how was Leeloo going to kill it? Long range fire? Is that safe?
-Is our current Moon a past evil that was destroyed?
-Will the new Moon Earth has affect the tides?
In the following section you can hear some of my favorite quotes from The Fifth Element.
"Leeloo Dallas Multipass"
"I know this music"
site is owned by Jason Carlberg.
Click for the
[Previous] [Random] [Next Site]
[Skip Next] [Next 5]
Click here for info on how to join fifthelement.
Fans since 9/22/97