MOTHER OF GOD OF KONEVITSA
The icon of the Mother of God of Konevitsa is regarded as the most precious spiritual treasure that the Orthodox Church of Finland possesses. Tradition has it that it was brought from Mount Athos in Greece by the founder of the Monastery of Konevitsa, St. Arseni, in the 14th century. It remained at the monastery until 1956, when the monks moved to New Valamo at Heinävesi.
Source : Mother of God of Konevitsa : Valamo Monastery
| NEXT | HOME |