1. dunamis = inherent power; the power of reproducing itself : from which we have Eng. dynamics, dynamo, &c. See Acts 1:8.
2. kratos = strength (as exerted); power put forth with effect and in government : from which we have the Eng. theocracy, government by God; aristocracy, government by the best; democracy, government by the people. The Greek enkrateia = mastery over one's self = self control, or having one's self reined in (from krateia, a rein). This (i.e. enkrateia) is the only word rendered "temperance", and occurs only in Acts 24:25. Gal 5:23. 2Pet 1:6.
3. ischus = strength (as an endowment), physical strength possessed. See, e.g. Mark 12:30.
4. energeia = energy; strength (No. 3 above) put forth from within in effectual operations. See, e.g. 2Thess. 2:9.
5. exousia = authority. or, delegated power; the liberty and right to put forth power. See, e.g. John 1:12.
6. arche = beginning; then, the chief rule or ruler.
See Luke 12:11 (magistrates).