NATHAN PAUL STURMAN
1648-7, Gunma Town
Gunma Ken 370
ESL/EFL Teacher, Consultant, Author.
- United States of America
- Date of Birth:
- 3 November, 1947.
- Place of Birth:
- Philadelphia, Pa, USA
- University Degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, 8/1972
- Master of Arts, Graduate Faculty of Arts and Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, 5/1975
- Current Position
- English Language Teacher, Shane Language Services, Tokyo, Japan. Assigned to various public high schools in Saitama Ken, Japan.
- RCS, Saitama, Japan. ALT for Primary Schools in Saitama Ken, Japan, January 2006-march 2005.
- Teacher of ESL, English House, Maebashi Gaigou Gakuin, Maebashi, Gunma Prefecture, Japan, from time of return from the USA in October 2004 until December 2005.
- 2004, Company English teacher, Arthrax Corporation, Naples, Florida. Assessed company production staff, installed and taught a fast-paced program for an international production staff in Southwest Florida.
- 2002-2004, Teacher of ESOL in adult program, Public Schools of Collier County, Florida. Taught in the US government grant program "Project Strive" for political asylum-seeking professionals. Instructor of ESL and academic ESL, and Chinese Language, Edison Community College, Collier campus, Naples, FL. Asst Coordinator for adult education, Edison Community College, Fort Myers, FL.
- 2002-2004, Naples Language Center/American Language center, Naples, Florida. Taught ESL and Mandarin Chinese in this private language school tp mostly Hispanic students, others from Haiti and eastern Europe primarily.
- 2001-2002, Foreign Expert, Beijing Foreign Studies University's Beidaihe Training Centre, August 2001 to August 2002. Taught the production and professional staff of Dicastal, Inc, a large automotive wheel producer, as well as special classes of the Chinese Foreign Ministry and other students from all over China.EAs chief foreign instructor and company teacher, was responsible for teacher training and standardization, curriculum development, materials and syllabus.
- 1993-1998, Lecturer in English, Gunma University, Aramaki Campus.
- 1993-97, Lecturer in English, Gunma College of Technology, Maebashi.
- 1989-1993, Full time contract ESL instructor, OKI Electric Industry, Takasaki Plant Area. This was a position of great responsibility and importance to the company, supporting their operations in the UK and USA. A large, TOEIC monitored plant wide industrial program.
- 1984-86, Company teacher, Fuji Heavy Industries, Gunma Prefecture.
- 1988, Company teacher, (For English Culture Centre, Maebashi) at NSK, Maebashi, Japan
- 1984-89, Head teacher, Michigan Eigou Gakuin, Maebashi, Japan.
- 1983-89, Instructor of ESL, TESL School, Maebashi, Japan, in house classes and assigned to Korean School (K-8) of Gunma Ken.
- 1981-present, English teacher to speakers of other languages in Korea, the USA, Taiwan, Japan and China.
- Publications include the first and only complete English translation of the Ming Chinese novel Ping Yao Zhuan, aand other works.
- Residence and other data:
- Permanent Resident of Japan, Japanese Standard (Gold Class) Driving License.