Highland and Island Emigration
The HIES Ship List information was generously
William "Bill" Clarke.
LIST OF EMIGRANTS ASSISTED BY THE HIGHLAND AND ISLAND EMIGRATION SOCIETY, AND EMBARKED ON BOARD THE SHIP TICONDEROGA WHICH SAILED FROM LIVERPOOL FOR PORT PHILLIP ON THE 4TH OF AUGUST 1852 ARRIVED 22ND DEC. MELBOURNE 22nd Dec.
BEATON, McKINNON, McLEOD, McRAE, NICHOLSON.
BEATON Alexander 28 Marrishader Lord MacDonald
148 Margaret 27
* Deposit paid to Commissioners P/N £4-10-10
McLEOD Donald 34 Culnacnock Lord MacDonald
149 Ann 30
* Deposit paid to Commissioners P/N £11-10-0
Children small for their age but look healthy.
McLEOD Torquil 24 Fearns, Raasay
150 Margaret 27 Mr Rainy of Raasay
Alexander 15 (Brothers and sisters)
* Deposit paid to Commissioners Outfit provided by Mr. Rainy
McKINNON Malcolm 47 Bernisdale Skeabost
151 Janet 40
* P/M £13-17- 71/2 Strong healthy man
N.B. This man appears to have left a daughter aged 15 and a son 10 behind.
McRAE Malcolm 49 Uig Lord MacDonald
152 Helen 39
* Received no aid. Deposit paid to Skye Committee. Has a son in Victoria Very fine family. Janet and Donald are remarkably fine grown children, quite able to take service.
NICHOLSON Angus 43 Uig Lord MacDonald
153 Susan 34
* Deposit paid to Skye Committee.
Received no aid Fine robust man, eligible family.
To More Information on the TICONDEROGA
BACK TO HIES SHIP LIST