|6. «The Kursk Battle» Memorial Complex And «The Prokhorovka Battlefiled» Memorial|
The Kursk battle was one of the most important steps on the way to the victory over Nazi Germany. It was the turning-point of the Great Patriotic War because the battle from the defence one came to the offensive.
On the 624th kilometer of the Moscow-Simferopol highway there is a big memorial complex. The Eternal Light in honour of the valiant Russian soldiers is in the centre of the complex.
Also the visitors will see other places connected with the Kursk battle. In the village of Yakovlevo there is a monument to hero tankman Shalandin. Near the Moscow-Simpferopol highway a legendary «Katyusha» is placed. A memorial bed of honour of Russian soldiers is located near the village of Krapivenskie Dvory.
|7. The Village Of Kholki In The Chernianka Region|
In this tour the visitors will see the unique underground monastery .
Nobody knows when an unknown monk dug the first cave as his monastic cell. But some details of the undeground church, cells and tunnels allow to suppose the most exact time might be the period of the Mongol-Tatars invasion when a lot of churches and monasteries were desrtoyed and whole cities and towns burnt to aches.
The architecture, lay-out, technical features and the place of building the monastery are the same as in the Kiev-Pechersk Laure. The first writing records about this monastery and its abbot Enoch Helasy related to 1620 but this is not the date of the first monk settling there.
For a very long time from XVIIIth century to the beginning of XXth century the monastery was closed and the places of the entries into caves forgotten.
And only not long before 1917 the entry to one cave was found. In the old description of the monastery was written it included twelve cells, an underground church and other rooms, but now from the single found entry it's possible to visit only the church and six cells. The restoring of the monastery began in 1996. On December,12, 1999 the new built Church of the Icon Of the Holy Lady of the Don was sanctified.
|8. Belgorod - Zimovenki - Rakitnoe|
The tourists will visit the Cathedral Of The Holy Transfiguration (Preobrazhensky) in Belgorod. In this cathedral the hallows of St.Ioasaf are kept. And also in this cathedral you can see the wonders-working Icon of St.Nickolas the Warrior the age of that is more than 500 years.
The village of Zimovenki is known from 1766 (the old name is Gorgeevskoe). It's located on the bank the Nezhegol river near a forest. Here the tourists can visit the Church of the Ascension of Christ built in 1911. This church is interesting by its porcelain iconostasis and ceramic floors.
In Rakitnoe you can see the Church of St.Nickolay the Sanctifier The church was built in 1832 with the help of Prince Boris Yusupov. From 1903 to 1917 priest Kapiton Ershov served in this church.
In 1934 the church was closed and used as a storehouse from 1938. In was open again during the German occupation in 1941-1943.
From 1961 till the end of his life Archimandrite Seraphim (Tyapochkin) was the abbot of this church. After 60 years of his service to the God and people Seraphim died on April,21,1982 and was buried near the altar wall of the church.
|9. Belgorod - Pokrovka - Rakitnoe|
The tourists will visit many old and new churches and cathedrals in Belgorod, then in the village of Pokrovka and old stone church built in 1856.
In 1928 the church was closed and plundered. In 1955 the church was opened and began to work again. In Rakitnoe you can see the Church of St.Nickolay the Sanctifier The church was bulit in 1832 with the help of Prince Boris Yusupov. (see the tour above).
|10. The Town Of Borisovka|
Near the town of Borisovka there is a big national park. It was found in the time of Peter the Great.
The tsar gave Count Sheremetiev the rich lands in the western part of the Belgorod and ordered to make the old oak forests neat the river Vorskla a tsar's forest reserve.
Also the town of Borisovka is known by its factory of artistic ceramics that is very popular among tourists and people living there.