Uptown Garden Club of Albuquerque, New Mexico
Uptown Garden Club was founded in May 19, 1948 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The club has 47 current members.
Uptown is a member of:
National Garden Clubs, Inc.
South Central Region
New Mexico Garden Clubs, Inc.
District I (Northwestern)
Council of Albuquerque Garden Clubs, Inc.
Uptown Garden Club was organized to stimulate interest
in and to give knowledge of the different forms of gardening,
particularly the building of private gardens, and the general
improvement of home grounds; to promote a general civic improvement
in this city and its environs; to support charities deemed worthy by
the club; and to give support to the objectives of the Council of
Albuquerque Garden Clubs, Inc.; New Mexico Garden Clubs, Inc.;
and the National Council of State Garden Clubs, Inc.
Select Meeting Programs
for a list of our programs, and date and location of each meeting.
Plant Roses, Harvest Love
June 12, 2002 - 9:30 a.m. - Board meeting at the home of Elsie Kear. Doris Eng is co-hostess.
June 19, 2002 - 9:30 a.m. - Albuquerque Garden Center
Program: If I Can, You Can
Presenter: Cecilia Hoffman, assisted by Christine Matalucci
Grow and Tell: Jane Caudill
Design of the Month: None required this month.
Hostesses: Jane Caudill and Mary Ann Moreno
- Mary Ann Moreno - President
- Jane Caudill - Vice President
- Marilyn Wilson - Recording Secretary
- Peggy Atencio - Corresponding Secretary
- Shirley Tetreault - Treasurer
2002-2003 Officers. (left to right)Marilyn Wilson, Shirlety Tetreault,
Peggy Atencio, Jane Caudill, and Mary Ann Moreno.
2002-2003 UPTOWN COMMITTEES AND CHAIRWOMEN
- Awards - Peggy Atencio, Betty Chowning
- Council Representatives - Edna Hickam, Alma Maxwell, Dee Trester
- Garden Fair - Ellen Reed, Suzy Andrego, Doris Eng
- Hospitatlity -LaVerne Anderson, Eleanor DeBoer, Ruth Dixson, Margaret Moeding, Marilyn Wilson
- Librarian - Phyllis Scott
- Membership - Gerry Alls, Joan Daut
- Parliamentarian - Nita Knauf
- Photographer - Shirley Tetreault
- Plant Exchange - Ruth Malone
- Programs - Jane Caudill, Betty Chowning, Peggy Atencio
- Projects - Elsie Kear, Charlotte Cross, Alma Maxwell
- Publicity -Charlotte Williams
- State Fair Flower Show - Edna Hickam
- Telephone - Glenna Pierce, Roberta Roberton, Marie Smith
- T.L.C. - Dru Hager
- Ways and Means - Pat Scharrer, Donna Price
- JANUARY 2002 ACTIVITIES
- Pictures taken during the January 2002 activities.
- FEBRUARY 2002 ACTIVITIES
- Pictures taken during the February 2002 activities.
- MARCH 2002 ACTIVITIES
- Pictures taken during the March 2002 activities.
- APRIL 2002 ACTIVITIES
- Pictures taken during the April 2002 activities.
- MAY 2002 ACTIVITIES
- Pictures taken during the May 2002 activities.
- JUNE 2002 ACTIVITIES
- Pictures taken during the June 2002 activities.
Meeting Programs for 2002:
February 20, 2002, Open Meeting, 9:30 a.m., Albuquerque Garden Center
See FEBRUARY 2002 ACTIVITIES above.
March 20, 2002, Open Meeting, 9:30 a.m., Albuquerque Garden Center
See MARCH 2002 ACTIVITIES above.
April 17, 2002, Open Meeting
See APRIL 2002 ACTIVITIES above.
May 15, 2002, Open Meeting, 9:30 a.m., Albuquerque Garden Center
See MAY 2002 ACTIVITIES above.
June 19, 2002, Open Meeting, 9:30 a.m., Albuquerque Garden Center.
See above for information.
July 17, 2002, Open Meeting, 9:30 a.m., Home of Mary Ann Moreno. Mary Ann will present a program on Garden Therapy
Back to Top
New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension Service
National Garden Clubs, Inc.
Southwest Desert Gardens
Internet's Garden Community
National Gardening Association
Home and Garden Television
Royal Horticultural Society
The American Hemerocallis Society
Xeric Garden Club of Albuquerque
High Country Gardens-Santa Fe
Albuquerque Master Gardeners
Council of Albquerque Garden Clubs, Inc.
PLEASE SEND US YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THIS PAGE.
Last updated June 24, 2002.