Rules and Guidelines
Rules & Guidelines
Without them this game would not last a week. So please read all the way through before you join, and as many times as you need to after that. If you have any questions about a rule, email us
Also...read the FAQ page! That should be helpful as well!
If a member chooses not to abide by the following rules, they will get a warning, or "strike"
It's just like baseball, 3 strikes and you're out
Common punishments are:
-Horses, barns, businesses, etc. are taken away
-Fines, small or large depending on how severe the infraction is
-Suspended from $poiled Inc for a certain amount of time
-BANNED from $poiled Inc, in severe cases
- I. Member Behavior
- A. Do not show other members disrespect, such as harassment or verbal abuse
- B. Do not send chain letters or petitions to other members.
- C. Read the Rules and FAQ pages totally, and follow all rules. If a member does not follow the rules they will be dismissed after their third warning.
- D. You may not advertise any other site ANYWHERE on the game except the Advertising board.
- E. Members must be active or else they will be dismissed from the game. You can stay active simply by posting on message boards, entering events, or managing a barn/registry/business
- II. Money
- A. All members start out with $100,000. No more, no less.
- 1. You may not bring money from any other game into $poiled Inc
- B. Members are expected to keep track of their own money records. All members are subject to random account checks, where you will have to submit your current financial status to prove you arenít-ahem-cheating.
- C. Members must pay all expenses needed to care for your horses. (Tack, vet/farrier, feed, boarding, etc.)
- E. Members must pay in checks. If you do not know how to write a check in $poiled Inc format, read the FAQ page. Itís all there.
- III. Posting On Message Boards
- A. If you are going to post on the message boards, which all members will, you must adhere to these rules.
- B. Main Message Board
- 1. No Advertising
- 2. Do not post the same message over and over, and do not post separate messages for each topic if it is logical to post them in the same message. This saves space.
- C. Sales/Breeding Boards
- 1. No Advertising
- 2. Post all horses in SAME MESSAGE or the messages will be deleted. People have been posting separate messages for each horse which is unfair to others whose messages get cycled off to make room for your horses before they are done being sold. If it was you, you would get angry, too.
- 3. No WANT ADS
- 4. If you buy a horse, post a message once you have the stats collected and the sale is complete because then the message will be cleaned off of the board.
- IV. Owning Horses & Other Animals
- A. All horses must be registered with the Horse List, Pony List, or Foals list in order to exist in $poiled Inc.
- 1. All members must keep up with their own horse list pages, which should include all horsesí stats. Show records are not required on the HL pages. If you donít know what stats are, check the FAQ page.
- B. There can be no two horses with the same name.
- C. Members must keep good records on all of their horsesí stats, show records, breeding records, etc. in a notebook or on a disk. Good records are so important to this game.
- D. Horses are considered one year older on January 1st of each year.
- 1. Once a horse is aged, they can NOT be made younger again.
- E. Speed aging is allowed, but in moderation:
- 1. You may only speed age your horse up to two years older than their original age, and once they begin showing or racing they can not be aged any more.
- 2. Once a horse has been speed aged, they can NOT be made younger again.
- 3. The horse should not ever be older or the same age as their sire or dam.
- Members may make up their own horses; the limit is three per month, and new members can make up five horses when they join
- 1. Horses must be taken to the vet every four months. They must be taken to the farrier as needed.
- V. Breeding Horses
- A. Horses may not be bred until they are at least three years of age.
- Mares are prgnant for one month
- 1. Mares may only be bred a maximum of 6 times a year.
- VI. Horse Registration
- A. Every horse must be registered with the Horse List in order to exist in the game.
- 1. Members are responsible for making and updating their own horse list pages. Paperwork is a part of real life with horses, and it's a part of $poiled Inc life as well.
- B. All other registries, associations, and societies are optional.
- 1. Registry, association, and society owners reserve the right to set registration criteria and refuse to register a horse because they do not meet the set criteria.
- VII. Showing
- B. Show hosts must post the results on a page so that all competitors may view them, as well as horse welfare officials.
- 1. If a horse is having a lucky streak is one thing. If your horses keep doing amazingly well in several classes in a huge show, however, we may investigate.
- F. Placings for classes will be random, therefore fair. There are a couple easy and quick ways to do results: put all entries for the class/race into a bowl or hat and draw each name out in the order of placing. (The first horse drawn would receive first, etc.) Another recommended way is to use an online randomizer. They are great. You may NOT just decide yourself which placings go to which horse. The results MUST be random or you are cheating.
- VIII. Establishments
- A. New members must have been in the game one week before sending in any establishment for approval. During this time they must have been boarding and been active.
- B. All members may only own or co-own one stable, which must be associated with the $poiled Inc main barn. Members may run up to three Associations and three registries. They may run up to two businesses.
- C. To get an establishment approved, a member must send in the proper form. Do not post anything about it on the message boards, such as advertisements or lobbying membersí support so that there will be pressure on the presidents to approve it. This will constitute a Non-Approval.
- E. There is a limit on stables in$poiled Inc. You may send in a form, but the stable will be placed on the waiting list for an indefinite amount of time.