Site hosted by Build your free website today!

The children's names are links that will take you to websites with more information...
I would like to give credit to the Littlestangels and Stolen Innocence webpages for most  of the names found here.

Jamie Cooksey

Jamie was missing for a day when her body was found in a park. She had been strangled and sexually assaulted. A month later, authorities arrested a 24 year old parole violator for the murder. Richard Alan Moorman was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Tammy Agee

Richmond, VA -- July 17, 1998 -- Richmond investigators are now closing the book on a 14-year-old homicide case in the city.

The 1985 disappearance and murder of Tammy Agee made headlines, and had investigators all around the region combing for clues. From his prison cell, 33-year-old Jamie Donaldson pleaded guilty to raping, tying up the 14-year-old girl, and ultimately killing Tammy. 

Authorities said he confessed to the crime, rather than face a capital murder charge. 

Jamie Donaldson was the main suspect in the murder of Tammy back in 1985. “You know that he did it, but you don’t have enough evidence to prove it,” said Det. Ray Williams of the Richmond Police. 

Williams was on this case from the beginning, and says the break in the case came during a jailhouse confession last year. 

“He describes pulling the tree, how he ties her, what he uses to tie her with, everything in great detail. So we knew we had the right guy,” he said. 

According to the confession, Donaldson killed Tammy in the woods off Dock Street. A hunter who was out for a walk found her remains months later.

  Investigators still have all the evidence and say it is a case that affected all of them. Williams said the case troubled him from day one. “Here’s this girl that was passed from foster home to foster home her entire life, and she was like an old shoe, and it didn’t seem like someone cared for Tammy,” he said. When Tammy was 3, authorities took her from her mother because of neglect.

For many, the confession in this case brings closure years after the teen’s brutal murder. “We just got the impression that it had bothered him so long that he wanted to tell someone,” said Lloyd Redford of the Richmond Police. 

Commonwealth’s Attorney Claire Caldwell says she was happy with Donaldson’s plea, since this was an older case, finding witnesses may have been difficult. 

In addition, there was some question as to the Donaldson’s mental stability, so they felt a guaranteed plea was much safer than dealing with any possible delays of a trail.

Sarah Jean Bowker, April Tinsley

Fort Wayne, IN -- March 28, 1996 -- LaKia Lasha Dixie's disappearance and apparent death brings back memories many local residents would rather forget. (LaKia's story is below.) 

In 1988 and again in 1990, the community was stunned and parents were terrified by the apparently random abduction, molestations and murders of  two young girls.

And Wednesday, a body believed to be that of LaKia, 13, was found shortly before 9 p.m., wrapped in a blanket and dumped behind a residence at 5018 Christofer Lane, only yards from the grounds of Village Woods Middle School, where she was a seventh-grader. 

A man free from jail on bail while awaiting trial on rape and criminal confinement charges was arrested early this morning in the case.

LaKia disappeared Friday on her way to meet a friend for their daily walk to school together.

As relatives and neighbors searched for LaKia they spoke of the well-known Tinsley and Bowker cases, noting LaKia had disappeared on March 22 and Tinsley had been abducted on April 1, 1988.

There wasn't much speculation that LaKia fell victim to the same suspects that preyed on the other girls - prosecutors last year closed the case on 7-year-old Sarah Jean Bowker's 1990 murder, pointing the finger at a 75-year-old man who died in 1994. 

Some authorities speculate that man, Roy 
Hensley, also was responsible for the 1988 abduction and killing of April Tinsley, 8.

Still, the same shudders run down the community's collective spine when another young girl disappears and then turns up dead.

Last year, prosecutors announced they were closing the Bowker case after they developed enough evidence to be satisfied that the man who abducted, molested and murdered her was dead.

Bowker was reported missing from her family's Stone Pointe Village apartment June 13, 1990. She was found about 2 p.m. the next day, lying face down in a drainage ditch just south of the apartment complex.

Hensley, who knew both Bowker and Tinsley, later reportedly told family members he was involved in the killings, then recanted his statements. 

Still, prosecutors believed him. And they provided the Bowker family with enough evidence that they too believed.

Tinsley, of the 800 block of West Williams Street, disappeared April 1, 1988, after telling a friend she was going to pick up an umbrella at another girl's house. Her body was found April 4, lying near the bottom of a rain-swollen ditch near Spencerville.

Both girls had been molested, their autopsies showed.

LaKia Dixie's family may no longer have to wonder what happened to the girl, described as quiet, happy, and well-liked. Now, they will have to wonder why it happened.

LaKia Dixie

Fort Wayne, IN -- LaKia Dixie was stabbed March 22, 1996, as she tried to get away from her molester, Henry T. Mason. 

Mason has been charged with two preliminary charges of murder and one preliminary charge of child molesting.

Mason had been out on bail awaiting trial on rape and criminal confinement charges when he killed LaKia while she was walking to school.


Aug. 16, 1997 -- Henry T. Mason pleaded guilty and admitted he stabbed LaKia Dixie to death, wrapped her body in a blanket and hid it in a trash bin behind his home.

Her body was found five days later by a roommate of Mason's.

Sept. 29, 1997 --

The 20-year-old man who molested and killed a Fort Wayne middle school cheerleader last year was sentenced today to life in prison without parole.

Henry Mason was silent as Allen Superior Judge John Surbeck accepted his guilty plea and handed down the sentence this morning. Prosecutors agreed to withdraw their death-penalty petition in exchange for Mason's admission that he killed 13-year-old LaKia Dixie.

Amy Brewer

Madison, WI -- July 13, 1991 -- The nude body of a missing 2-year-old girl was found Friday in a wooded area of a mobile home park and a man released from jail a day earlier was being held for questioning, police said.

Amy A. Breyer's body was found about 6:30 a.m. Friday in a partially wooded field about a half-mile away from the Bridgeview Gardens mobile home park where she was kidnapped sometime during the night, police said.

"The child was found nude, on her back," Lt. Doug Jahsman said. "The manner of death or cause of death has not yet been determined."

An autopsy was planned later Friday, police said.

A 26-year-old man who lives near the girl and was released from jail just 24 hour earlier on a probation violation was being questioned by investigators, Police Chief William Weiss said.

"We took him in because he was acting suspiciously at the scene," Weiss said, adding the man had not been arrested in the death and was still being interviewed by detectives early Friday afternoon.

The girl's parents, Scott W. and Ann F. Breyer, notified town of Menasha police at 4:50 a.m. that a screen had been removed from the girl's bedroom window and she was missing, police said.

The family has lived at the park for about five years, neighbors said.

Neighbors Dan and Sandy Saegert said they were awakened by the mother's screams. "Ann came over screaming and yelling that somebody's abducted her kid," Sandy Saegert said. "She was just hysterical."

Jim Miller, a supervisor with the state probation and parole office, said the man taken for questioning had been held for eight days in the Winnebago County Jail on a probation violation before being released Thursday.

The man was serving a one-year probation sentence for disorderly conduct alleging he sexually abused a cow last year at a farm, Miller said.


Feb. 1, 1992 -- Menasha man's murder of a 2-year-old child he snatched through a window of a house trailer offers an argument for capital punishment, a prosecutor says.

Joseph Paulus, Winnebago County district attorney, obtained the conviction Thursday of Kelly J. Coon, 27, who police said secually assaulted Amy Breyer before leaving the child's body in a woods near a trailer court.

The girl died July 12 just a few hours after Coon was let out of jail.

"This case is terrific evidence in support of the death penalty returning in Wisconsin," Paulus said.

"Those who would suggest it's reactionary are dead wrong because those people did not see what was done to the child, to the family and to the community," he said.

Coon was convicted of first-degree intnetional homeicde, first-degree sexual assault, kidnapping, child abduction and burglary.

He declined comment as he was led from the courtroom in handcuffs.

Judge Robert Haase sentenced him to life in prison, then schedulated a hearing March 5 to decide when Coon might become eligible for parole.

In memory of Amy her uncle, Jay Breyer has created a web site, Y.E.S., Youth Educated in Safety