Brighter Gauge Lights for the Valk
(Removing / replacing your tach
and speedo bulbs.)
Harmon of Sophie's
- Tools needed are just a small
- WD 40 or equivalent light oil.
- Bulbs are two #74 Sylvania.
- (No change in fuse needed)
- Look inside the trip meter reset knob on the left side of the speedometer
and remove the very small screw inside and pull off the knob.
- Remove the screws on the front of the tach and speedo and remove
- Pull out the rubber light sockets and shoot each one with some
WD-40 and carefully remove the little bulbs. They break easy so be careful!
- Put in the new #74 bulbs Sylvania bulbs and check for light operation
by turning on the key. Put it back together and be proud of another
job well done.
The gauges will be much brighter at night on most Valks. Submitted by
Jim at Sophie's Motorcycle Works.
Note from Terminal Valkocity: BTW,
they make the coolest light bar for your
Valk. Golia got one! See it here.