These instructions are intended to be used as a guide only. If you are not
comfortable using tools, performing general maintenance, raising your motorcycle
into the air or if your coordination is not too good or if you are just generally
a klutz (sorry but I don't want anyone hurt or complaining) then it might be
better to go to the shop or have a friend help. Good luck and buy some more
chrome with the money you save
Air Filter Change
documented by Carl Kulow
|Fuel tank removal tools
- Remove the fuel tank. See Tank Removal instructions.
- Remove the 2 rear screws on the air filter housing and set them aside.
- Loosen the remaining 7 screws all the way, leaving them in place in the
- Lift off the air filter cover taking note of the rubber gasket (top) Replace
the air filter.
- Be sure the lower rubber gasket is in place.
- Install the air filter cover being sure that the top rubber gasket is in
place. To insert the top gasket you can turn the cover upside down without
the 7 screws falling out. Use a screwdriver to push the gasket into its groove
so that it is well seated and won’t drop out when you turn the cover over
to install it.
- Tighten all 9 screws.
- Install the fuel tank.