Welcome to. . .
- "Our memories, like our dreams, are ours alone and tell our story."
- "By recognizing the strength of our convictions and the beauty of our faith, we discover the treasures we have to share."
- "Until you lose your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is."~Margaret Mitchell~
- "I stopped believing in Santa Claus at age six when my mother took me to see him in a store and he asked for my autograph."~Shirley Temple Black~
- "People with bad consciences always fear the judgment of children."~Mary McCarthy~
- "If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time."~Edith Wharton~
- "There are days when any electrical appliance in the house, including the vacuum cleaner, offers more entertainment than the TV set."~Harriet Van Horne~
- "I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us."~Kafka~
- "The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."~Rita Mae Brown~
- "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner."~Lynda Montgomery~
- "Why is it that when we talk to God we're said to be praying, but when God talks to us we're schizophrenic?"~Lily Tomlin~
- "Nothing is more despicable than respect based upon fear."~Albert Camus~
- "Existence is a strange bargain. Life owes us little; we owe it everything. The only true happiness comes from squandering ourselves for a purpose."~William Cowper~
- "Nature is a mutual cloud, which is always and never the same."~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
- "Happiness is not an ideal of reason but of imagination."~Immanuel Kant~
- "God is not willing to do everything, and thus take away our free will and that share of glory which belongs to us."~Niccolo Machiavelli~
- "Suspicion is the companion of mean souls, and the bane of all good society."~Thomas Paine~
- "The life which is unexamined is not worth living."~Plato~
- "Man was born free, and everywhere he is in chains."~Jean Jacques Rousseau~
- "It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true."~Bertrand Russell~
- "Even while they teach, men learn."~Seneca~
- "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."~Socrates~
- "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him."~Voltaire~
- "I promise to keep on living as though I expected to live forever. Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul."~Douglas MacArthur, New York Times, June 8, 1984.~
- "Old age approaches, an awful specter of loneliness to those who have never found joy in being alone."~Dorothy Thompson, The Courage to Be Happy, 1957~
- "The real death of the United States will come when everyone is just alike."~Ralph Ellison, interview, That Same Pain, That Same Pleasure, December, 1961.~
- "The earth has music for those who listen."~William Shakespeare~
- "No race can prosper till it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem."~Booker T. Washington~
- "I believe that man will not only endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance."~William Faulkner~
- "There is a luxury in self-reproach. When we blame ourselves we feel that no one else has a right to blame us. It is the confession, not the priest, that gives us absolution."~Oscar Wilde~
- "We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak."~Epictetus~
- "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."~Winston Churchill~
- "Only the person who has faith in himself is able to be faithful to others."~Erich Fromm~
- "Our lives are books, written in our own blood on the tattered pages of time."~Ryan K. Miller I~
- "Happiness requires effort and this country seems so lazy."~Robyn G.~
- "My faults are not your concern and your concerns are not my fault."~Robyn G.~
- "Our flag is red, white and blue, but our nation is a rainbow--red, yellow, brown, black and white--and we're all precious in God's sight. America is not like a blanket--one piece of unbroken cloth, the same color, the same texture, the same size. America is more like a quilt--many patches, many pieces, many colors, many sizes, all woven and held together by a common thread....Even in our fractured state, all of us count and all of us fit somewhere."~Jesse Jackson, speech, Democratic National Convention, July 16, 1984.~
- "Americans have always assumed, subconsciously, that all problems can be solved; that every story has a happy ending; that the application of enough energy and good will can make everything come out right. In view of our history, this assumption is natural enough. As a people, we have never encountered any obstacle that we could not overcome."~Adlai E. Stevenson, Call to Greatness, 1954.~
- "To see a world in grain of sand; And heaven in a wildflower; Hold infinity in the palm of your hand; And eternity in an hour."~William Blake~
- "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity..."~Henry David Thoreau~
- "The question is not what you look at...but what you see."~Henry David Thoreau~
- "Speak not to say something; but because you have something to say."~Rich Whatley~
- "We are always getting ready to live, but never living."~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
- "Real belief, is a quiet thing....too busy being itself, to look for disciples."~Portia Nelson~
- "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows."~Helen Keller~
- "I don't think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that remains."~Anne Frank~
- "The moth that trusts the candles fire is willing to become a martyr for her own desire."~Calvin Miller~
- "If you are a painter, you see every landscape as a potential drawing. If you are a physicist, your perceptions of every day reality are filtered through this lens. Ideas come to you as a gift and once gripped by them, the world changes forever."
- "If you are possessed by an idea, you find it expressed everywhere, you even smell it."~Thomas Mann~
- "The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the full light of day. The content of your character is
your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny-- it is the light that guides your way."~Heraclitus~
- "Hate is the consequence of fear; we fear something before we hate it; a child who fears noises becomes a man who hates noise."~Cyril Connaly~
- "It's amazing how much you hear when no one is saying anything."
- "I do not believe things happen accidentally. I believe you earn them."
- "When you talk to an idiot, make sure they're not doing the same."
- "Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die tomorrow."
This free script provided by