INDEX TO BAIRD WEB PAGES
BAIRD FAMILY IN MISSOURI
BAIRD FAMILY IN OHIO
BAIRD FAMILY IN MASSACHUSETTS
BAIRD FAMILY IN IRELAND
JOHN ARNETT BAIRD
THE ARNET(T) FAMILY
BAIRD FAMILY IN TENNESSEE
MISCELLANEOUS BAIRD INFORMATION
BAIRD FAMILY IN SCOTLAND & AUSTRALIA
This is a website of firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 7:02 PM
Subject: BAIRD/BEAL Family
MOSES BAIRD, born Dec. 1, 1794 in PA, died Dec. 7, 1874 in Fayette County, PA. He married in 1820, RACHEL BEAL(BENJAMIN BEAL & ELIZABETH OSBORN) born Oct. 9, 1796, died Nov. 10, 1880 in Fayette County, PA.
1. SAMUEL MILLER BAIRD, born 1821 in Fayette County, PA. He married MARGARET DRIBBLE, born about 1820 in Fayette County, PA. They had two children.
2. AVIE ANNE BAIRD, born Feb. 16, 1824 in Fayette County, PA, died June 12, 1843 in Fayette County, PA. She married THEDORE VANKIRK, born Jan. 22, 1819, died Aug. 22, 1891 in Fayette County, PA. (If these dates are correct, she must have died at a very young age, not long after they were married. There are no children listed.)
3. ELIZA JANE BAIRD, born 1826. She married J.C. WHITNEY. I have no children listed for them.
4. JEREMIAH PIERSOL BAIRD, born Oct. 9, 1828, died May 26, 1901 in Fayette County, PA. He married on Jan. 15, 1857, MARJORIE MARTH FINLEY, born Oct. 25, 1835, died March 25, 1902 in Fayette County, PA. They had 14 children.
RACHEL BEAL BAIRD'S sister, MARY, was married to JEREMIAH PIERSOL, so MOSES & RACHEL named their 4th child for RACHEL'S brother-in-law.
5. SARAH ELIZABETH BAIRD, born in 1832. I have no husband or children listed for her.
6. GEORGE WASHINGTON BAIRD, born in 1835. He married SARAH GATES. I have no children listed for them.
******************************************************* Children of SAMUEL MILLER BAIRD & MARGARET DRIBBLE:
1. RACHEL BAIRD, born about 1845 in Fayette County, PA.
2. JOHN BAIRD, born about 1847 Fayette County, PA.
******************************************************* Children of JEREMIAH PIERSOL BAIRD & MARJORIE FINLEY:
1. WINONA CATHARINE BAIRD, born Dec. 21, 1857.
2. MARGARET ANN BAIRD, born Dec. 30, 1858. She married WILLIAM MCCLURE.
3. ROBERT BAIRD, born Nov. 8, 1860, married RACHEL EMMA SHANNON.
4. WILLIAM FINLEY BAIRD, born Feb. 26, 1862. He married on Jan. 27, 1886, ALMINA ABBEY SMITH, died Nov. 5, 1903.
5. MOSES ALEXANDER BAIRD, born Aug. 28, 1863, married on Oct. 7, 1891, LAMETHA ANTON VOORHEES.
6. ELLIOTT JEROME BAIRD, born April 23, 1865, died Sept. 19, 1866.
7. EDWARD LINCOLN BAIRD, born Jan. 3, 1867, died Sept. 26, 1868 in Fayette County, PA.
8. MARY MARGERY BAIRD, born July 14, 1868, died March 26, 1902.
9. GEORGE HAYDEN BAIRD, born Aug. 21, 1870, married on Sept. 14, 1899, SARAH ELLA MORGAN.
10. EDWARD JEROME BAIRD, born July 13, 1872, married on Sept. 16, 1903, CALDONIA LISTER.
11. JAMES FULTON BAIRD, born Jan. 25, 1875, married on March 30, 1916, SARAH MOSER.
12. ANNA FLORENCE BAIRD, born Aug. 3, 1876, died May 8, 1962, married on June 29, 1904, FRANK BROWN HESS, born April 20, 1877, died Dec. 30, 1947. They had three children:
1. FINLEY BAIRD HESS, born Sept. 27, 1905
2. JOSEPH SAMUEL HESS, born March 6, 1911
3. JOHN FRANK HESS, born Jan. 18, 1914, married on July 1, 1938, BETTY KELLEY, born Nov. 27, 1914.
13. BENJAMIN BEAL BAIRD, born March 6, 1879, married on October 26, 1905, ANNA MARIA GUESMAN.
14. LEIDA ADA BAIRD, born Dec. 20, 1883, died Sept. 13, 1890.
Norma, that's about all that I have on RACHEL BEAL & MOSES BAIRD'S descendants. As near as I can figure, RACHEL must be my 4th great aunt. My grandfather was LYMAN BEAL of Menallen Township, Fayette County, PA. The BEALS lived for many generations in Menallen Township. NANCY BEAL STAFFORD HAMERNIK (BEAL is my middle name, STAFFORD my maiden name and HAMERNIK my married name).
From: RON ACKERMAN
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 5:11 PM
Subject: PA BAIRD FAMILIES
I have a NANCY BAIRD b. abt 1788 who married JOHN AKERMAN b. abt 1784. married in 1809. They lived somewhere near Harrisburg PA when WILLIAM was born, maybe Cumberland Co. or Dauphin Co. I suspect that NANCY is somehow related to MOSES BAIRD but I can't place the tie.
The AKERMAN'S moved to Morgan Co. Ohio in 1815. I know a lot about WILLIAM and some on MARIAH and JANE but nothing on son JOHN and almost nothing on JOHN & NANCY AKERMAN. Do you have a possible link?
There were 4 children:
1) MARIAH b. 1808 - Maybe from a previous marriage
2) WILLIAM b. 1810
3) JOHN b. 1812 - Maybe
4) JANE b. 1813
From: BETTY ANDREW STOREY of Wisconsin email@example.com
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2001 7:48 PM
Hi! I enjoyed your BAIRD family website. I looked thru your info but couldn't find DEBORAH BAIRD b. abt 1771 m. JAMES BLAINE lived Armstrong County PA.
1) JOSEPH BAIRD
2) WILLIAM BAIRD
3) JAMES BAIRD
4) NANCY BAIRD
5) MARY BAIRD
6) MARGARET BAIRD b. 8/1793
From: "Kathy Orbin" firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 9:19 PM
I just saw your website. Great work. I didn't see any familiar names but I am just beginning. My BAIRD'S descended from CHRISTOPHER BAIRD from E. PA (Early)
1) PETER BAIRD
2) HENRY BAIRD
3) JOSEPH BAIRD
4) DANIEL BAIRD
5) JOHN BAIRD
6) POLLY BAIRD
7) SOLOMON BAIRD b. 1816 Westmoreland Co PA m. bef 1840 to ELIZA ALLISON
7-1) ANNA BAIRD
7-2) CAROLINE BAIRD
7-3) AMOS BAIRD b. 1840
7-4) HANNAH BAIRD b. abt 1844
7-5) SANFORD BAIRD b. abt 1846
7-6) EMILY BAIRD b. abt 1849
1) MOSES BAIRD b. 1736 Ireland d. 1782 Uniontown, Fayette, PA & MARGARET BROWN b. abt 1732 Ireland d. aft 1787 Uniontown, Fayette PA.
1-1)MOSES BAIRD b. 1/3/1762 Bucks Co PA d. 11/1/1841 Adams Co OHIO m. 7/5/1787 Lancaster Co OH to MARY ADAMS b. 1769 Lancaster, Washington Co OH d. 4/9/1835.
1-1-1) ROBERT BAIRD b. 1788 PA
1-1-2) MARGARET BAIRD b, 1791 OH
1-1-3) ALEXANDER BAIRD b. 1792 OH
1-1-4) ELIZABETH (BETSEY) BAIRD b. 1794 OH
1-1-5) POLLY BAIRD b. 1796 OH
1-1-6) MOSES NEWTON BAIRD b. 1799 Sandy Springs, A, OH d. 5/9/1835 Sandy Springs, Adams, OH m. 3/4/1819 to MARY PIERCE. Children (?)
1-1-7) JAMES A BAIRD b. 6/5/1803 OH
1-1-8) JOHN A BAIRD b. 6/5/1803 OH
1-1-9) JOSEPH C. V. BAIRD B. 1805 OH
1-1-10) HARVEY BAIRD b. 1807 OH
1-1-11) HARRIET A BAIRD b. 1809 OH
1-1-12) CHAMBERS BAIRD b. 7/25/1811 OH
1-1-13) SUSAN A BAIRD b. 1814 OH
1-2) ROBERT BAIRD
1-2-1) MOSES BAIRD b. 12/25/1756 Lancaster Co PA d. 1861/1863 Athens Co OH
1-3) JOHN BAIRD SR
1-3-1) MOSES BAIRD b. abt 1786 Fayette Co PA m. bef 1810 MARY. This might be MARY ELIZABETH ARNETT. If you have anything on this family, please send it to email@example.com.
The MOSES BAIRD b. 12/1/1794 in Fayette Co PA d. 12/7/1874 m. RACHEL BEAL b. 1798 in Fayette Co PA
I found a MOSES BAIRD in Fayette County PA - 1790 Census. This family included three people:
(1) white male over 16
(1) white male under 16
(1) white female over 16
Also found - ALEXANDER BAIRD, DAVID BAIRD, JAMES BAIRD, ROBERT BAIRD, & WILLIAM BAIRD.
ROBERT BAIRD was on the same page with MOSES BAIRD - but separate household.
In 1800 census - PA - Westmoreland County - I found a MOSES BAIRD - over 45 years old and head of house - living alone.
Also found on same page - CHARLES BAIRD - (over 45 & head of household - with 4 others - children I think.
In same county, there was HESTER BAIRD - head of house - over 45 - with 2 other females.
Also, JAMES BAIRD - over 45 & head - w/3 males and two females.
WILLIAM BAIRD - with wife and two young sons.
Another WILLIAM BAIRD - on same page - probably WILLIAM BAIRD SR - with wife - 3 sons and 1 daughter.
In PA - 1810 Census - Westmoreland County - MOSES BAIRD is gone (dead?) but did find:
CHARLES BAIRD - Page 106 - Derry Township
IRWIN BAIRD - Page 97 Hempfield
IRWIN BAIRD - Page 116 - Unit Township
JAMES BAIRD - Page 106 - Derry Township
ROBERT BAIRD - Page 106 - Derry Township
THOMAS BAIRD - Page 106 - Derry Township
WILLIAM BAIRD - Page 109 - Derry Township
WILLIAM BAIRD SR. - Page 106 - Derry Township
In PA - 1840 Census - Westmoreland County - found:
ALEXANDER BAIRD - Pg 149 - Allegheny JAMES BAIRD - Page 335 Derry Township
JOHN BAIRD - Page 329 - Derry Township
JOSEPH BAIRD - Page 230 - Fairfield
PETER BAIRD - Page 291 - Franklin
SAMUEL BAIRD - Page 334 - Derry
THOMAS BAIRD - Page 337 - New Alex.
WILLIAM BAIRD - Page 342 - Salem Township
WILLIAM BAIRD - Page 330 - Derry
Also - 1840 PA - Census - Fayette County -
found JOHN A BAIRD - Page 258 Luzerne
**I haven't physically looked at the census microfilm - for PA 1810, or 1840 "YET" - that's where I will start when I go back to the library.
No luck in Kentucky - I tried 1820 and 1840 - no MOSES BAIRD there.
I am always amazed at how much these people moved around - as slow as the travel time was back then, it's amazing.
I also searched for MOSES BAIRD in Arkansas - thinking he might have followed his son, JOHN ARNETT BAIRD - and the other ARNETT family members, but didn't find him there either.
Well, thanks again. I'll search Massachusetts and Ohio next -
Kind Regards, MAE BAIRD SHEFFIELD
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 7:50 PM
Looking for ROBERT BAIRD b. abt 1800 famous missionary, sister of LYDIA BAIRD who married SAMUEL MILLER removed PA to KY to OH..Line goes to PETTY in IL & MO
From: KAREN firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 12:55 PM
I've been researching the BAIRD clan. I have been able to get back to 1780 on my family tree. I am trying to find JOSEPH BAIRD (WM, JOHN) b. Ireland & chr. Scotland to Am. 19 yrs old m. JANE HENDERSON lived Bolivar PA.
Please send me more complete census records to include on these pages.