INDEX TO BAIRD WEBSITE
BAIRD'S MILL TN
OHIO BAIRD FAMILY
PENNSYLVANIA BAIRD FAMILY
MISSOURI BAIRD FAMILY
TENNESSEE BAIRD FAMILY
MISCELLANEOUS BAIRD INFORMATION
JOHN ARNETT BAIRD
THE BAIRD FAMILY IN VIRGINIA
THE BAIRD FAMILY IN KENTUCKY
MOSES BAIRD FAMILY
Website of firstname.lastname@example.org
MOSES SMITH BAIRD (b. 1787?) married ELECTRA SNOW (b. 1789) in Becket MA on Oct 31, 1808. I have their children's names and dates of birth. (There is an ELECTRA BAIRD in the Fredericktown, Madison Co, MO Cemetery.) MOSES SMITH BAIRD died in Ohio on Oct 22, 1846 age 62?, husband of ELECTRA.
Their first child was born 1809 and last bp. 1830. There is a LAVENA ELECTRA BAIRD (MOSES S) b. 1813 and an LEOVINIA ELECTA bp 1830.
I have ELECTRA SNOW'S pedigree if we ever confirm she's ours.
From the Vital records of Becket MA are the BIRTHS(pages 11-12):
1) ARMENA MEHETABEL BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) b. 12/3/1809
2) ARMENIA MEHITABLE BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) bp. 8/22/1830, age 18
3) BETSY LUCINDA BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) b. 11/21/1818
4) DANIEL LORIN BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) b. 5/27/1822
5) ELVIRUS MOSES BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) bp.8/22/1830, age 1
6) HASTINGS PHILANDER BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) bp. 8/22/1836 age 9
7) LAVENA ELECTA BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) b. 10/9/1813
8) LEOVINIA ELECTA BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) bp. 8/22/1830, age 15
9) OLIVER SNOW BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) b. 8/29/1811
10) ROXEY KINNEY BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) bp. 8/22/1830 age 3
11) ____________ BAIRD (MOSES SMITH BAIRD & ELECTA SNOW) b. 10/2/1824.
MARRIAGES (pages 70-71):
MOSES S. BAIRD of Bethlehem and ELECTA SNOW of Tyringham, int. Oct.16 (pub. cert. Oct. 31), 1808.
DEATHS (pages 129-130:
MOSES S. BAIRD, male, farmer, apoplexy, Oct 22, 1846, age 62, in Ohio. (h. ELECTA, 10/18 a. 63, G.R.1.)
THOMAS BAIRD b. 9/23/1681 m. abt 1709 to HANNAH
THOMAS BAIRD JR (THOMAS SR) b. 1710 d. 12/30/1787 m. 12/28/1732 to SUSANNA WALKER b. 9/17/1716
AARON BEARD (THOMAS JR; THOMAS SR)b. 10/14/1733 d. FEB/SEP/OCT/4/1817 m. 6/12/1755 to ELIZABETH STREETOR b. 1/9/1729/30 d. 6/22/1802
MOSES BEARD (AARON; THOMAS JR.; THOMAS SR) b. 5/4/1759 d. 1825 m. to MEHETEBEL SMITH? d. 2/18/1787 m. 2nd 4/12/1787 to MARY COCHRAN
MOSES SMITH BAIRD (MOSES; AARON; THOMAS JR.; THOMAS SR) b. 2/24/1785 d. 10/18/1846 m. 10/31/1808 to ELECTA SNOW b. 1789 d. 3/28/1863
MOSES SMITH BAIRD (MOSES; AARON; THOMAS JR.; THOMAS SR)& ELECTA SNOW had seven children.
MOSES BAIRD SR married MARY COCHRAN in 4/12/1787 just months after MEHETEBEL'S death and raising more kids. This means MOSES BAIRD, JR never really knew his real mother.
From: "Irene Oickle"
From: "Adele Just"
Iím a Baird researcher from way back when. I just encountered your Baird collection, and thought I should make sure you have my current e-mail address. adelejust @ earthlink DOT net I donít have anything for Moses Baird.
Because of probates at Worcester, MA, in the 1700s, names of witnesses to wills, guardians, etc., who were identified in records as Scots who came from Ulster in 1718, I developed a theory that my earliest Thomas Bard who was at Worcester, Leicester, and buried at Auburn, MA, all while occupying the same farm while the boundaries around him changed was of the Scots migration from Ulster to Massachusetts in 1718. That name was among those who signed the letter sent to Governor Shute asking for permission to come to Massachusetts. The letter ended up in the state historical society in New Hampshire.
This theory (mine) is the most logical one to me. A Thomas Baird designated as a Scot appeared in the church seating records in 1724 at Worcester and was not in the next church seating about ten years later when my Thomas Baird had already been annexed to Leicester from Worcester. As I said, he is buried at now-Auburn, and you can find him, his son Thomas, and his grandson Thomas there in the cemetery on FindAGrave. My own ancestor was Daniel Baird (son of Thomas), born at Leicester circa 1742, and HE also named a son Thomas. Other researchers of this Beard / Baird family think the earliest was a David Beard whose probate occurred in the county circa 1730. These sons did not use the name David for any of their sons.
So I continue to search and ponder.
Adele / Seattle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maybe a connection it is not my research:
Moses BEARD born 7 MAY 1759 Becket, Berkshire Co. Massachusetts and was listed in the United States Census for 1790 (pg 24 census) with one male over 16 (Moses age 31) and two males under 16 and four females who would be his wife Mary and his three daughters.
Moses stayed in Berkshire County and he died in Otis, Massachusetts in 1825. (Possible 12 APR 1787 is death date of Mahitable??)
Moses BEARD married Mahitable SMITH about 1779 and they had three children She died after her third child, Moses S. BEARD, was born on 12 APR 1787 after the death of his first wife Moses married his second wife Mary COCHRAN.
Children of Moses BEARD married about 1779 Mahitable SMITH
Elizabeth BEARD was born 8 November 1780 in Otis , Berkshire County
Mahitable BEARD was born 22 February 1783 in Otis, Berkshire County
Moses Smith BEARD was born on 25 February 1785 in Otis, Berkshire County
2nd marriage of Moses BEARD and Mary COCHRAN
4. Polly Green BEARD born 30 January 1788 Otis Berkshire County
5. Aaron Streeter BEARD was born 27 March 1790, Otis Berkshire County
6. Sally BEARD born 31 May 1792 Otis, Berkshire County.
7. Cornelius Cochran BEARD born 13 May 1794 in Otis, Berkshire County
8. Samuel Hamilton BEARD was born on 29 July 1796 in Otis, Berkshire County
9. .John Adams BEARD born 4 January 1799 in Otis Berkshire County
10. George Washington BEARD was born on 8 December 1802 in Otis Berkshire Co. He died on 24 April 1804
11. Lovenia M. Beard was born on 7 September 1805
12. Milita BEARD was born on 2 November 1806
Trying to find some of my Kindle/Kendall BEARD/BAIRD ancestor/descendants.