Web page mantained by
For information or comments-
Are Visitor Number
Click on Image for Enlarged Picture
The Lake Compounce Carousel first opened to the public in May, 1911. The Carousel features 49 horses, two chariots and one goat, and combines the work of four master carvers, including Charles Carmel, who made the lead horse. The Carousel's music is provided by the original Wurlitzer 153B band organ.