Fun Lindsay Facts
- Lindsay Lohan (Hallie Parker/Annie James) and Polly Holliday (Marva Sr.) have the same birthday (July 2nd ), but are 23 years apart.
- Just like Hallie, Lindsay likes 'the beautiful Leo DiCaprio'.
- Lindsay has her own website at LLRocks.com
- The Parent Trap was Lindsay's first movie.
- Lindsay is the oldest in her family. She has two sisters, Dakota and Alianna and one brother, Michael, all who made cameos in the movie. Her brother Michael made a cameo in the movie as the sole boy at the camp for girls and her sisters and mother appeared in the background in the scene where Martin meets Annie at the airport (Lindsay's mother is the lady in the yellow and black suit. She is holding Dakota and Alianna is walking.)
- It was rumoured that Lindsay would be appearing in the big screen Disney movie called 'A New York Life', but those rumours were later proved false and no such movie has been seen yet.
- Lindsay's second movie was Disney's ‘Life Size', a made for TV movie with model Tyra Banks.
- Lindsay did an ad for Calvin Kline Jeans for kids with her brother Michael and sister Alianna which appeared in In Style magazine.
- Lindsay has appeared in 60+ commercials.
- Belita Moreno was Lindsay's acting coach during the film and Michael Weber was the prank and poker consultant.
Behind The Scenes Of The Parent Trap
- In England, 1 second from the ear piercing scene was removed so as not to encourage underage piercing.
- Lindsay was afraid to jump in the lake a night during the lake scene, so her dad bought her a wetsuit.
- During some scenes when Lindsay played opposite herself, a red ball was placed where her head would be to help her look at herself when she was talking to herself.
- Lindsay wore an earwig in order to hear herself talk.
- Lindsay had to have a pin put in her Annie wig during the water balloon scene in order to keep the water balloon from hurting her.
- The book adaption of ‘The Parent Trap' was written by Hallie Marshall.
- In scenes shot outside, it is easy to tell that Lindsay is playing both twins, since their shadows are different because of the sun. Example: the scene in the tent while they are watching Meredith scream at Nick.
- The ‘Camp Walden' scenes were shot at a real camp.
- It took Lindsay only an hour to learn the handshake Annie and Martin do at the beginning.
- A cut scene of Hallie (as Annie) meeting the Queen outside of Buckingham Palace appears on The Parent Trap DVD.
- Hayley Mills, star of the 1961 version of The Parent Trap, was asked to make a cameo, but had to decline, due to the fact that she was touring with ‘The King And I'.
- Several unintentional ‘references' to Elaine Hendrix's (Meredith Blake) role in The Parent Trap were made in the comedy Superstar, which she co-stars in:
1) Elaine's character is called Evian. During a fight scene, Molly Shannon's character, Mary Catherine Gallager, remarks ‘At least my parents didn't name me after bottled water!' In The Parent Trap, during the camping trip, Annie puts a lizard on Meredith's water bottle. After Meredith starts screaming, Annie innocently explains to Nick, 'This little guy was on her Evian bottle!'
2) When Mary Catherine and her friend are pretending they are famous models, Mary says that she and Tyra Banks are best friends. In real life, Lindsay has co-starred with Tyra in the Disney made-for-TV movie, Life Size.
3)Once again, Elaine plays a snotty brat in a movie.
- uring the mirror scene, the hand that adjusts the mirror to show us the twins isn't Lindsay's, it's her double's.
- The twins, Hallie and Annie, were named after Hallie and Annie Meyers-Shyer, the daughters of the director and producer from The Parent Trap (they also wrote the screen play). Interestingly enough, the girls (who aren't twins) appeared in cameos in the film. Annie played a towel girl, while Hallie played a girl at the camp, named Lindsay!. This also helps with some other aspects of the film. Annie is the older twin, as Annie in real life is older. Sidebar, Annie also played young Annie in the Meyers/Shyer hit film, Father Of The Bride. Lastly, Father of the Bride was a movie the camp was supossed to watch in one scene that had to be cut. Now there's some trivia for you!
Erin Mackey, Lindsay's Double
- Erin Mackey (Hallie Parker/Annie James acting double) has in fact been in more movies than Lindsay Lohan and is 7 years older than Lindsay.
- Erin is not the only double. Lindsay Challoner (yes, Lindsay) and Stephanie Fischer were Lindsay's additional doubles. Tara Chang, Amanda Holm, Lauren Walker, and Ronnie Wong were Lindsay's fencing doubles. Melanie A. Gage and Regan Patno were Natasha Richardson (Elizabeth James) and Dennis Quaid (Nick Parker)'s dancing doubles
- Because of Erin's height, Hallie appears slightly shorter than Annie in the film, which is a nice touch. It also fits in with the premise of Annie being older than Hallie.