1er Chasseurs à Cheval de la Ligne
The Regiment was raised in1651 by Mis. DHumières, but was renamed in 1733 as the Conti Chasseurs. On 25th March 1776 the it became a Regiment of Dragoons and on 17th March 1788 was renamed the Régiment de Chasseurs d'Alsace. In 1791 it finally became the 1er Régiment de Chasseurs.
1805 saw the Regiment in 1st Corps of the Grand Armée at Ulm, Amstetten, Mariazell and Austerlitz. In 1806 in 3rd Corps at Auerstädt, and in 1808 at Lowicz and Nasielsk. For the 1809 campaign they were part of the Armée d'Allemagne fighting at Abensberg, Raab and Wagram.
The Invasion of Russia in 1812 they were again with 1st Corps fighting at Mohilev, Smolensk and Borodino, and in 1814 took part in the defence of Maubeuge.
Following the restoration of the King the Regiment was renamed the Régiment de Chasseurs du Roi. However they fought for Napoleon in the hundred days campaign at Quatre Bras and Rocquencourt. The Regiment was disbanded later in 1815.
Back to Main Menu