Halloween Safety Tips for Kids!
- Always carry a flashlight and keep it turned on.
- Never eat candy until your parents have a chance to look it over.
- Stay with an adult or stay with your group.
- Do not enter someone's home when trick or treating.
- Use paint on make up instead of masks.
- Walk facing the oncoming traffic if there is no sidewalk.
- Look both ways when crossing roads.
- Always let your parents know where you will be.
- Never go anywhere with or talk to a stranger.
- No short cuts! Stay on main roads.
- Take a cell phone or take money to make a phone call with you.
- Always put glow in the dark (reflective) strips on costumes so others can see you.
- Secure emergency identification (name, address, phone number) discreetly within Halloween attire or on a bracelet.
- Review with your children the principle of
- Do not eat anything until your parents have given the okay!
- Openly discuss appropriate and inappropriate behavior at Halloween time.
- Agree on a specific time when revelers must return home.
- Remind all household drivers to remain cautious and drive slowly throughout the community.
- Never cut across yards or use alleys.
- Law Enforcement authorities should be notified immediately of any suspicious or unlawful activity.
I hope that you have a very fun and SAFE Halloween. Anytime a child has an accident, it's tragic. This page is meant to help keep your child safe during this fun time. Please remember there are alternatives to trick or treating door-to-door. You can have neighborhood parties, a party at your house, shopping malls often have events, or you can start a tradition at a local retirement home or community center. In the event that your child or children do go door-to-door please be safe and follow the simple guidelines provided above. Also, please browse through this site for more information about Halloween such as party ideas, costume ideas, etc. And have a happy, safe and wonderful Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!