Mohawk Valley Chorus
Europe Trip 2006: Proposed Itinerary
DAY 1 - USA - DUBLIN
Independent transfer to JFK International Airport. Board overnight flight to Dublin, Ireland. Dinner and overnight on flight.
DAY 2 - DUBLIN - LONDON - CARDIFF
Arrive at Dublin International Airport. Change planes for a short flight to Heathrow Airport, England. Upon arrival at Heathrow, you will be welcomed by an American Music Abroad escort and transported by deluxe motor coach into Wales, the land of "castles and princes." Check into a hotel in Cardiff for dinner and overnight.
DAY 3 - CARDIFF, WALES
This morning, tour Cardiff Castle, a unique mix of Roman ruins, medieval fortifications and Victorian interiors. The afternoon is free in Cardiff for independent lunch and exploring. Tonight, perform your first concert! Dinner and overnight in your hotel.
DAY 4 - SWANSEA - SHOWCAVES - CARDIFF, WALES
Travel to the nearby maritime city of Swansea. An elegant waterfront area lined with marinas, shops and restau- rants is surrounded by beautiful natural seascapes and rolling hills. Continue on to the Welsh National Showcayes Centre to view caves filled with underground lakes and magnificent waterfalls. Return to your hotel in Cardiff for overnight. An evening concert is planned.
DAY 5 - TO NORTHERN WALES
Today's travel takes you to Northern Wales. After checking into your comfortable hotel, attend a medieval banquet in a 12th century castle.
DAY 6 - SNOWDONIA
Morning excursion on the Snowdon Mountain Railroad. A steam locomotive will wind through mountain passes with spectacular panoramic views at every turn. Tonight, perform a concert. Dinner and overnight in Wales.
DAY 7 - TO DUBLIN, IRELAND
Board a morning ferry crossing of the Irish Sea. Upon arrival in Ireland, travel into Dublin for a historical walking tour. View St. Patrick's Cathedral, Trinity College and Dublin Castle. Independent dinner followed by a special evening pub tour! Overnight in a fine Irish hotel.
DAY 8 - DUBLIN
Today is free to enjoy the capital city of the "Emerald Isle." Perhaps stroll along Fishambie Street or view the "Book of Kells" at Trinity College Library. Possible evening concert.
DAY 9 - DUBLIN - WATERFORD
The morning is free to further explore Dublin. Afternoon travel to Waterford, the world's most famous city of crystal. Your guided tour of the famed crystal factory introduces you to the age old processes of glass blowing and etching. Free time to shop for some of the exquisite finished products. Overnight in a hotel in Waterford.
DAY 10 - WATERFORD-CORK
Late morning departure from Waterford for the historic city of Cork. Stop enroute at the Jameson Whiskey Heritage Center for a traditional Irish lunch, followed by a demonstration of the history and art of making Irish whiskey. Check into a hotel in Cork. Perform an evening concert.
DAY 11- BLARNEY - KILLARNEY
This morning, travel back in time as you visit mystical Blarney Castle, dating to 1446. Kiss the Blarney Stone if you dare. Free time to visit the Blarney Woolen Mills to shop for knits tweeds, china and crystal. Reboard your coach for a scenic trip across the Kerry Mountains. Overnight in hotel in Killarney area.
DAY 12 - KILLARNEY COAST
Killarney offers some of Ireland's best scenery - green landscapes and rolling hills dotted with sheep and quaint
farms. Your final tour day takes you on a tour of the Ring of Kerry. This is a day of leisurely travel with wonder- ful coastal panoramic views and slate-roofed fishing villages. Perform your final concert.
DAY 13 - RETURN TO USA
Transfer to Shannon Airport for your return scheduled flight to JFK Airport.
The proposed tour cost per person includes:
- Round trip airfare on scheduled flights: (JFK/Dublin/London, Shannon/JFK)
- Guided tour of Cardiff Castle.
- Transportation in Wales and Ireland via deluxe motor coach with toilet.
- Entrance to the Welsh National Showcaves Centre.
- Medieval Banquet in Wales.
- Ferry transportation from Wales to Ireland.
- Excursion on Snowden Mountain Railroad.
- The services of an escort throughout the land portion of the itinerary.
- Guided walking tour of Dublin.
- Accommodations in excellent to outstanding quality hotels in double-occupancy rooms with private bath and toilet. (Limited single rooms are available at an additional cost.)
- Tour of Irish pubs.
- Tour of Waterford Crystal Factory.
- Tour of Jameson Whiskey Heritage Center
- Breakfast and multi-course dinner daily. (Except for Day 7 in Dublin when dinner is
- Traditional Irish lunch in Jameson Whiskey Center.
- Porterage of one piece of luggage in/out of hotels.
- Entrance to Blarney Castle.
- All tips and taxes normally appearing on hotel and restaurant bills (including VAT).
- Transfers to concert sites and concert publicity
- Tips to local guides.
- Visit to Blarney Woolen Mills.
- Day of sightseeing on "Ring of Kerry."
- American Music Abroad background information, materials and full hour-by-hour itinerary.
Final price pending confirmed costs from suppliers for 2006.
Quoted estimated price is $2,800.00. We are also looking into a home stay which would reduce the cost by approx. $150.