Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

~Chapter 11~

Lauren sulked as she watched Jesse and Michelle feed each other ice cream on the other side of the lunchroom.  Lauren groaned as Jessica smiled at her as she sat down.  She flipped her hair and glanced over at the two lovebirds.

“Well don’t they look SO cute together Lauren?  They look as if they are in love!  I can’t believe Jesse fell in love with someone.  Isn’t that sweet?”  Jessica batted her eyelashes at Lauren as she cooed.

“Well anyways, Daddy is giving me money to go shopping this weekend.  I totally NEED a new winter wardrobe!  All of my clothes are starting to look like RAGS!”

Lauren rolled her eyes.  “Jessica, you don’t wear anything in your closet more than 3 times in a whole year.  How could they look like rags?”  Then Lauren shot her a suspicious look.  “Wait a minute, why aren’t you going to working on your term paper this weekend?”

Jessica smiled snootily at Lauren.  “Because the way our bet it going, looks like you’re going to be writing MINE this weekend.   I’ll have lots of time to shop!”

Lauren glared across the room at the couple.  She tapped her chin thoughtfully with her index finger.  If they don’t hurry up and break up soon, then I just might have to help them a little.

******** 

School had just gotten out.  Lauren walked lazily across the front lawn.  She scanned the bodies of students for her cousin Erin.  Her eyes landed on Frankie Galasso sitting on the grass.  She slowly walked over to him and sat next to him.

He looked up from a stack of papers he was reading and greeted Lauren.

“What’s up Lauren.”  His voice was low and full of stress.

Lauren put her arm around Frankie.  “What’s wrong Frank?  This presidential election getting to you?”

Frankie sighed.  “Well you know how for the longest time I was the only one running?”

Lauren nodded.

“Well Mr. I’m so popular Jesse McCartney decided to run also.  I’ve been working SO hard on this for weeks and he decided to be part of it just a few days before the election.  He’ll probably win now because he’s really popular!  I hate having competition!” 

Frankie began to read his papers franticly.

Lauren suddenly had an idea.  It was a long shot, but an idea of how to break up Michelle and Jesse.

Frankie truly believed that Jesse was more popular than him.  It wasn’t necessarily true. Both of them were definitely popular, but everyone knew that Frankie would make a better class president.  He was sure to win the election.

“Hey Lauren, are you coming home with me or are you just going to watch Frankie freak out?”

Lauren snapped her head up as she noticed Erin.

Lauren smiled as she thought about her schemed her plan the whole ride home.

Next Chapter