Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 3 - Bath Time

"Daddy! Daddy!" Cody called from his bedroom. Jesse woke up quickly, and raced inside Cody's room. "Daddy I had a bad dream!" He cried, Jesse sighed, and sat down next to him on the bed.
"Go back to sleep buddy. It's not real."
"But it was scary!"
"What was it about?" Jesse asked.
"Well, I was playing with Bandit, and you came in, and all of a sudden you just disappeared and I was all by myself! Daddy please don't leave me!" Cody hugged him.
"I'm not going anywhere." Jesse smiled, and hugged the creeped out five year old.
"Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?" Cody asked with pleading eyes.
"Yeah." Jesse smiled, and held Cody's hand. Cody shut his eyes slowly, and within the next five minutes he was sound asleep. Jesse didn't leave, he still sat with him. About twenty minutes later, Jesse was sleeping on Cody's bedroom floor.
"I wonder what time it is." Jesse rubbed his eyes, and sat up. He looked at the dinosaur clock on the wall, 7:30 AM. Jesse looked over to the bed, it was empty. He stood up and walked in the kitchen. Cody was eating ice cream.
"Cody, why are you eating that for breakfast?" Jesse asked.
"I was gunna make cereal, but it was too high. So I got ice cream out instead."
"Let me guess, the bowls were too high also?" Jesse raised his eyebrows.
"Yup. I just grabbed a spoon!" Cody giggled with mouthful of vanilla ice cream.
"Ok, well do you want to meet my new friend today?"
"Yeah yeah!" Cody bounced up and down.
"Ok, once we get ready I'll call her. Uncle Greg might come too."
"With Ian and Isabel?!" Cody asked.
"Yes, with Ian and Isabel." Jesse replied. Ian and Isabel were Greg's children. They were both 3.
"When are Uncle Greg and Lacey getting married?"
"December. Remember? Your gunna carry the rings."
"Oh yeah!!"
"C'mon, you need a bath."
"Let me get Bandit!" Cody grabbed the little golden retriever.
"He can't take a bath with you." Jesse laughed.
"Why not? He's dirty!"
"Ok, I guess he can." Jesse sighed, and he walked toward the bathroom with Cody and Bandit following him. Jesse got the water all ready, and Cody hopped in with Bandit in his arms. Bandit jumped out of his arms and jumped in the soapy water which caused it all to fly over Jesse.
"Oh shit." Jesse mumbled to himself.
"Daddy no swearing!" Cody ordered.
"Oh yeah." Jesse smiled, and washed Cody's hair, and while he was doing that Cody was playing with Bandit. About ten minutes later, Cody was out of the bath. Bandit was still trying to get dry, and Jesse was getting in the shower. Jesse took a quick shower, and in five minutes he was out. He shaved, and got dressed and when he opened the door Cody was chasing Bandit around the living room, Bandit had a rope tied to his tail, and he knocked over a lamp.
"Wow, Cody!" Jesse who was startled screamed. Cody and Bandit stopped dead in their tracks and looked at Jesse.
"Yes daddy?" Cody asked with a innocent look on his face.
"What did you to the dog?" Jesse laughed.
"We were playing cops and robbers! He was the robber..." Cody explained.
"Um, ok..but we gotta stop by my parents house before we go to the store."
"Again?"
"Yes, and after we go to the store we're going to Uncle Greg's house!"
"Isabel and Ian!" Cody giggled, and raced outside. Jesse smiled, and followed him out.

                                                                                                                                                                                            Next Chapter