- Prayer has no power…but it is the God to whom we pray to that has the power
- context: God’s people were being besieged by the Babylonians
- focus: verse 23
Understand that God created us and we didn’t create God
Jeremiah 33:5 --> talks about God’s wrath…but WHY was He so steamed?
- His people had angered Him by turning away from him
- and also to further His glory…think about it. Huge supernatural display. It’s quite elementary, my dear Watson.
- How can you worship a wrathful God? (and He’s wrathful because of your mistakes
- First, realize that this is who God is
- God has and will show the power of His wrath
- but instead, he shows love and mercy
- through dying a humiliating death
- He can bring down wrath upon you, but He doesn’t want to
- He wants us to love Him…THIS is who we worship
- wha?! Wha?! Wrath + love = ???? WHA?!
- It’s a reverent fear of God
- God’s wrath is the salt that brings out His sweetness
3 Things about Prayer
- It promotes a greater appreciation of what He has done for us
- It also teaches a reverent fear
- A sincere apology è Hebrews 10:26-31
- Luke 18:10-14 à the Pharisee and the tax collector
- Reminds us that we are created for Him
- Teaches us how we can help glorify Him and His good and perfect will
This is the attitude we should have.
- What is God capable of doing? Honey, He’s almighty!
- He can do anything!
Mark 11:22-25 focus on verse 24
- If you believe that God can do anything, He will
- Don’t test God, when Jesus was tempted, he didn’t test God.
- besides, why does God need to prove anything to you? You’re the SCUM OF THE EARTH! You’re the spit of the scum of the earth! You’re the bacteria infecting the spit of the scum of the earth! You’re the SHOELACE of the BACTERIA infecting the SPIT of the SCUM of the EARTH! (and next week’s message: how to encourage one another…hahaha, j/k)
- Come to God with the intent of accomplishing His will, not yours.
Ask yourself: You’ve been living the lifestyle of a Christian but why hasn’t your unbelieving friends ever seen you praying…and took note? Eh? EH? EH?!