Mix all ingredients except flour and margarine in a 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow
- 1 1/2 pounds pork boneless loin -- cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion -- chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 box ready to serve chicken broth -- (32 oz)
- 2 cups 1/2-inch diced peeled parsnips
- 1 1/2 cups 1-inch cubes peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter -- softened
Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 7 hours (or high heat setting 3 to
4 hours) or until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
Mix flour and margarine. Gently stir flour mixture, 1 spoonful at a time,
into pork mixture until blended.
Cover and cook on high heat setting 30 to 45 minutes, stirring
occasionally until thickened.