- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 2/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Italian pickled peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Generously butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
Press excess liquid from zucchini. Add eggs, flour and salt. Mix well and spread in pan. Bake uncovered for 8 minutes. Remove and reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
Cover with cheese. Combine olives, onion, peppers, Spread over cheese. Top with herbs. Arrange tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6.