Savory Eggs On
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup sliced leek or sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 cup (2oz.) chopped reduced-fat pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup non-fat or low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (7-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Salsa, optional
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Thinly sliced orange, optional
- Thinly sliced avocado, optional
- Thinly sliced sweet red pepper rings, optional
In spray coated 10-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium heat, cook leek,
pepperoni and water until leek is tender but not browned.
In medium bowl, beat together
eggs, milk and 2 tablespoons cheese until well blended. Pour into skillet over leek. As
mixture begins to set, gently draw an inverted pancake turner completely across bottom and
sides of pan, forming large soft curds. Continue until eggs are thickened and no visible
liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
For each serving, top one warmed tortilla with 1/4 of the cooked eggs. Fold tortilla in
half, then half again. Top with salsa, if desired. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan
cheese, if desired. Garnish with orange, avocado and pepper, if desired.