The Heady Family
The Stillwell Heady Family
Stillwell Heady was born around 1763 probably in Pennsylvania to Thomas Heady, Sr and his wife Rebecca Stillwell.
He married Rebecca Coombs, the daughter of Edward Coombs and Rebecca Stillwell. They were married in Pennsylvania by 1787.
Thomas Heady, Sr. willed his Nelson County, Kentucky farm to his son Stillwell Heady. This will was probated in 1805. Stillwell Heady sold his father's farm and bought 35 acres in Switzerland County, Indiana with Griffith Dickason. He settled on Indian Creek.
Stillwell Heady was a devouted Methodist and quarterly meetings were held at his residence.
Stillwell Heady died in October 1834 in Switzerland County, Indiana. He is buried in the Old Cotton Cemetery in Switzerland County, Indiana. Rebecca Coombs Heady died around 1838.
CHILDREN OF STILLWELL AND REBECCA HEADY:
- Benjamin H. Heady was born in 1788. He married Lydia Stewart.
- Thomas S. Heady was born around 1802. He married Sarah Barnett Johnson - MY LINE
- George Washington Heady was born in 1805. He married Elizabeth Johnson.
- James M. Heady was born in 1811. He married Sarah Smith.
- Martha Elizabeth Heady was born in 1809. She married Elijah Dickinson.
- Rebecca Heady was born around 1787. She married Dr. Charles Lewis Muret.
- Susanah Heady was born around 1803. She married Phillip Romerill.
- Mary "Polly" Heady was born around 1793. She married John Harcourt.
- Sarah Heady was born in 1820.
- Charlotte Heady married Henry Gullion.
The above research was found in the Heady Newsletters.
Other Sites to See
Thomas S. Heady Family - son of Stillwell Heady
Thomas Heady, Sr. Family - father of Stillwell Heady
Edward Coombs Family - father of Rebecca Heady, wife of Stillwell Heady
Return to Home