The Lepper Family
The Conrad Lepper Family
According to census records, Conrad Lepper was born in New York around 1803. He had children from a previous marriage.
On July 27, 1841 in Switzerland County, Indiana, Conrad Lepper wed Sarah Barnett Johnson Heady, widow of Thomas S. Heady. Thomas S. Heady had died in 1837 and left his wife with five sons.
Sarah Barnett Johnson Heady Lepper was born around 1809 in Indiana. She was the daughter of Gabriel Johnson and Rebecca Sebree.
Between 1849-1850, Conrad and Sarah Lepper along with most of the children moved to Davis County, Iowa. Sarah died in 1872 and is buried in the Dunnville Cemetery in Davis County, Iowa.
CHILDREN OF CONRAD LEPPER BY PREVIOUS MARRIAGE:
- Barton Lepper, born around 1832 in New York.
- Alfred Lepper, born around 1833 in New York.
CHILDREN OF CONRAD AND SARAH B. LEPPER:
- Joseph M. Lepper, born Aug. 14, 1842 and died July 23, 1914.
- He married (1) Sarah Patterson on Dec. 13, 1867.
- He married (2) Martha E. Allen Heutz on Feb. 2, 1882.
- Royal A. Lepper, born about 1845.
- James Lepper, born about 1850.
**See Thomas S. Heady page to see children of Thomas S. and Sarah B. Heady**
Other Sites to See
Thomas S. Heady Family - 1st husband of Sarah Barnett Johnson Heady Lepper
Joseph M. Lepper Family - son of Conrad Lepper
Richard F. Heady Family - stepson of Conrad Lepper
Gabriel J. Heady Family - stepson of Conrad Lepper
Benjamin T. Heady Family - stepson of Conrad Lepper
George H. Heady Family - stepson of Conrad Lepper
Return to Home