1. In what power did Jesus return to Galilee from the wilderness? Answer: Luke 4:14
2. In what city was Jesus reared? Answer: Luke 4:16
3. What was Jesus accustomed to do on the Sabbath? Answer: Luke 4:16
4. What part did Jesus take in the synagogue service? Answer: Luke 4:17
5. What Scripture did He read? Answer: Isaiah 61:1
6. To whom did this Scripture refer? Answer: Isaiah 42:8
7. Did Jesus say He was the Lord? Answer Luke 4:21
8. What effect did Jesus' words first have on the people? Answer: Luke 4:22
9. What did the people then say? Answer: Mark 6:2
10. What did Jesus say about a prophet in His own country? Answer: Luke 4:24
11. Did Jesus say God's blessing would be limited to a few? Answer: Luke 4:25-27
12. What effect did this have on His hearers? Answer: Luke 4:28
13. Where did they attempt to kill Him? Answer: Luke 4:29
14. Did He escape through the confusion of the mob? Answer: Luke 4:30
15. To what city did Jesus go from Nazareth? Answer: Luke 4:31
16. Did Jesus say His disciples would also be persecuted? Answer: John 15:20
17. Why would men persecute Jesus' followers? Answer: John 15:21
18. What did Jesus call unbelievers among who Him disciples would go? Answer: Luke 10:3
19. Must we fight when persecuted? Answer: Matthew 26:52
20. What are we commanded to do when smitten? Answer: Matthew 5:39
[Answers] [top of page] [Home]
Answers to Bible Study Questions (highlighted in green)
1. Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned in
the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame
of him through all the region round about.
2. Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he hand been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
3. Luke 4: 16 (ABOVE) he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
4. Luke 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written. (If you read down into Luke 4:18, you will see that Jesus preached the gospel).
5. Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me: because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.
6. Isaiah 42:8 I am the Lord: that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. (Jesus)
7. Luke 4:21 And he began to say unto the, This day is the scripture fulfilled in your ears. (Yes)
8. Luke 4:22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
9. Mark 6:2 And when the sabbath days was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
10. Luke 4:24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
11. Luke 4:25-27 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land; But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow. And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian. (Yes it was)
12. Luke 4:28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath.
13. Luke 4:29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill where on their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
14. Luke 4:30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way. (Yes)
15. Luke 4:31 And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them of the sabbath days.
16. John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord, If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep your's also.
17. John 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
18. Luke 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
19. Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. (Yes)
20. Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Turn the other cheek)
[top of page]