1. Where was Jesus tempted? Answer: Matthew 4:1
2. By whom was Jesus carried into the wilderness? Answer: Matthew 4:1
3. Who tempted Jesus? Answer: Matthew 4:1
4. Who is the Devil? Answer: Revelation 12:9
5. In what place does Satan abide now? Answer: John 14:30
6. What did he first tempt Jesus to do? Answer: Luke 4:3
7. What passion did Satan appeal to in this? Answer: Luke 4:2
8. What made Jesus hungry? Answer: Luke 4:2
9. Why did Jesus refuse to eat the bread? Answer: Luke 4:4
10. What did Jesus say was the real bread? Answer: Luke 4:4
11. What did Satan tempt Jesus to do next? Answer: Luke 4:6
12. Did Satan possess the world to give it? Answer: Luke 4:6
13. What must Jesus do to rule the world? Answer: Luke 4:7
14. Who alone may be worshiped? Answer: Luke 4:8
15. What was the third temptation? Answer: Luke 4:9
16. How was Jesus' pride tempted? Answer: Luke 4:10
17. What Scripture did Satan misquote to Jesus? Answer: Psalm 91:11-12
18. Who was Jesus tempted to tempt? Answer: Luke 4:12
19. Why is it wrong to tempt the Lord? Answer: James 1:13
20. Did the Devil fail in the temptation? Answer: Matthew 4:11
21. Did Jesus endure all possible temptation? Answer: Hebrews 4:15
22. Why is Jesus able to help us in temptation? Answer: Hebrews 2:18
23. What is the limit of temptation with God's children? Answer: I Corinthians 10:13
24. Can God's children resist temptation? Answer: James 4:7
[Answers] [top of page] [Home]
Answers to Bible Study Questions (highlighted in green)
1. Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into
wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2. Matthew 4:1 (ABOVE) the spirit.
3. Matthew 4:1 (ABOVE) the devil.
4. Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
5. John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
6. Luke 4:3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
7. Luke 4:2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
8. Luke 4:2 (ABOVE) Being forty days tempted of the devil.
9. Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
10. Luke 4:4 (ABOVE) every word of God.
11. Luke 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me: and to whomsoever I will give it.
12. Luke 4:6 (ABOVE) (Yes)
13. Luke 4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
14. Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve.
15. Luke 4:9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:
16. Luke 4:10 For it is written: He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
17. Psalm 91:11-12 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
18. Luke 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
19. James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
20. Matthew 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
21. Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (Yes)
22. Hebrews 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
23. I Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
24. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
[top of page]