|1. What prophecies foretold John's coming? Answer: Isaiah 40:3, Malaciah 4:5, Luke 1:17|
|2. Who were John's parents? Answer: Luke 1:5|
|3. What was Zacharias given in answer to prayer? Answer: Luke 1:13|
|4. With what was he filled from birth? Answer: Luke 1:15|
|5. Where did John live? Answer: Luke 3:2|
|6. How was he dressed? Answer: Mark 1:6|
|7. What did he eat? Answer: Mark 1:6|
|8. Where did John preach? Answer: Matthew 3:1|
|9. What doctrine did he preach? Answer: Matthew 3:2|
|10. What kingdom did he say was at hand? Answer: Matthew 3:2|
|11. What ordinance did John introduce? Answer: Matthew 3:6|
|12. In what river did John baptize? Answer: Matthew 3:6|
|13. Whom did John call vipers? Answer: Matthew 3:7|
|14. From what place did Jesus come to be baptized? Answer: Matthew 3:13|
|15. Was Jesus baptized in the water? Answer: Matthew 3:16|
|16. What did John say to the multitude the next day? Answer: John 1:29|
|17. How did John know Jesus was the Messiah? Answer: John 1:34|
|18. Whom did John offend? Answer: Mark 6:19|
|19. Where was John beheaded? Answer: Mark 6:27|
|20. Have you a special mission on earth as John had? Answer: Matthew 5:16|
1. Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Malachiah 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.
Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
2. Luke 1:5 THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia, and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
3. Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
4. Luke 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
5. Luke 3:2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.
6. Mark 1:6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey.
7. Mark 1:6 (see above #6)
8. Matthew 3:1 IN those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea.
9. Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
10. Matthew 3:2 (see above #9)
11. Matthew 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
12. Matthew 3:6 (see above #11)
13. Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
14. Matthew 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
15. Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God, descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
16. John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
17. John 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
18. Mark 6:19 Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against him, and would have killed him; but she could not:
19. Mark 6:27 And immediately the king sent an executioner, and commanded his head to be brought: and he went and beheaded him in the prison.
20. Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
[top of page]