SEMAIL OPHIOLITE GEOTOURISM offers a great selection of value for money excursions, cruises and package holidays in Oman's most popular geologic destinations.
Click for more Infromation: OPHIOLITE GEOTURISM Need help planning your geologic excursion? Use our local knowledge and experience. We'll help you find the right excursion. Activity geotours, flexible transfers, packages, tours and trips - at the best possible value
Even though there are numerous locations in Oman which have acquired international importance because of its unique geology we have listed only a few of them. These are:
1. Scattered small hills of fossiliferous sandstone and carbonate sandstone of Early Permian age (Saiwan Formation)
2. Long dissected hills where the Gharif and Khuff formations are well exposed-small clayey outcrops containing very rich paleoflora of Permian age (Haushi area)
3. Biostrome (lithosoms) of campanian rudists (Samhan Formation), along a cliff (Saiwan sheet)
4. Pillow lavas with depositional cover of second fossiliferous limestone of middle Permian age-Rostaq area
5. Eclogite outcrops north and west of As Sifah-Saih Hatat window
6. Hectometric sheath folds in the wadi Mayh Gorges-Saih Hatat window
7. Inverted Permian unconformity in the Wadi Adai- saih Hatat window
8. V1 - Geotimes pillow lavas in Wadi Al -Jizzi
9. Wadi Hajar, Madha, Oman Enclave in UAE contains unique High Temp .metamorphic granulite rocks
10. Rudist mountain north of Huqf is a world class Plaeo site
11. Striated Carboniferous glacial pavement- Al Khalata area
12. Jebel Misht, East of Ibri- This mountain is the largest vertical cliff in the Oman mountains.
13. Bandar Jissah and Bandar Khayran -both are unique coastal geomorphology of drowned coastlines, close to the capital Muscat
14. Musandam Pininsula-truly magnificent area in the far north of Oman displaying high mountains, deep wadis, and a special unique drowned fjord-type coastline.
15. Majlis al Jinn cave, in the southeastern Oman mountains, the second largest cave in the world.
Geotourism representatives are available to discuss your requirements on any type of field excursion. For further information contact Qusai AL-Amri.
Click for more Infromation: OPHIOLITE GEOTURISM