Not all of my service to Christ is in a church program. I also serve Him personally every day. This service includes personal Bible study and prayer, witnessing to others about Christ, and helping and encouraging people.
A. serving Jesus in my private life.
1. Read the account of Jesus’ powerful ministry in Mark 1:21-34, Then read what He did the next morning Mark 1:35. What connection do you see
between the two______________________________________________
2. When Jesus was found with a very important task, what did He do first?
3. What was one thing that Jesus’ apostles were always doing? Acts 6:4; 10:9
Acts 16:24-25 _________________________________________________
4. What does the Lord say that I must always be doing? 1 Thessalonians 5:17
5. What are two important times for prayer? Ps. 5:3; Ps 141:2 _____________________
6. Before I eat my food what should I do? 1 Tim. 4:4-5; Luke 24:30 ________________
7. Instead of worrying what am I to do? Philippians 4:6-7; Luke 24:30 ____________
What will come to my heart, if I do this in faith?_______________________
8. Is there any kind of trouble that I cannot hand over to God? 1 Peter 5:7 __________
9. What should be my approach in everything I do?
Prov. 3:6 __________________________________________________
10. Name some things Jesus teaches you to pray for (write just a word or two for each)
Mat. 6:9-13 _______________ Luke ______________ Eph. -19 __________
1 Tim. 2:1-2 ________________ Psalms 51:10 _____________ James 1:5 __________
Mat. ___________________ Gen. 24:4 & 42-44 ___________________________
James 5:14-16 ________________________ Eph. _________________________
11. Name three things that will keep God from hearing your prayer. Mark ;
Ps. 66:18; James 1:6-7 ____________________________________________________
12. If my body lives by food, what does my spirit live by? Mat. 4:4 ________________
13. name seven things which learning God’s word does for you.
a. Rom. _______________________________
b. Ps. 119:11 & 105 (2 things) __________________________________
c. James _____________________________________________
d. John 15:3 _______________________________________________
e. 2 Tim. 3:16-17 _____________________________________________
14. What does taking a “quite time” for Bible study and prayer every day say about your
attitude toward God? ___________________________________________________
b. If you are “too busy” for a daily quite time, what does this say?
B. Sharing our Lord with Others
1. When Andrew found Jesus, what did he do? ___________________________
2. When Philip began to follow Jesus, what did Phillip quickly do?
John 1:43-45 ____________________________________
3. After Jesus had healed the demon-possessed man at Gerasa, what did He tell the man
to do? Mark 5:18-20_______________________________________________________
4. What does the Lord tell us to do? 1 Peter ________________________________
5. How does God describe people who do not follow Christ? Eph. 2:1 & 12 _____________
6. If another person were dying with a disease and you knew a cure, what would you do? __
7. If you knew of an outstanding bargin offered at a store, and your friends did not know
about it, what would you do? _________________________________________________
8. If you have found eternal life and blessing in Christ, and your friends don’t know about
Him, what should you do? ___________________________________________________
9. Do you think you need to understand all the deeper things of the Bible before you can a person with the “ABC’s” of following Christ, or tell him about the good things you have
already found? ____________________________________________________________
10. 80% of new members come into the church because of being invited by a friend, relative
or acquaintance. Knowing this should make me want to _____________________________
11. If you are anxious that people should not be lost, and you do what you canm to bring them to Christ, you are thinking and working for the same things as _____________ does. John 3:16
C. Encouraging and helping others
1. Barnabas was called “Son of Encouragement” (Acts ). He encouraged and stood
by what new convert while the convert was getting started in Christ? Acts 9:23-28 _______
2. What people in
His disciples in their home? Luke 10:38-39 ______________________________________
4. What should each Christian want to do for those who are timid or weak in serving
Christ? 1 Thessalonians _______________________________________________
5. How can we fulfill the law of Christ? Gal. 6:2 _____________________________
6. If a fellow-Christian falls into sin or unfaithfulness, what does the Lord tell you to do
for him, and how? ___________________________________________________________
7. When you convert someone from a wrong way, you do what? James 5:19-20 ________
8. Should you hold back from talking to a brother or sister about his sin for fear of
9. How can Christians help each other? Heb. 10:24-25 __________________________
10. What statement of Cain, the first murderer, is the exact opposite of the spirit
Christians must have? Gen. 4:9 ______________________________________________
11. If another person is in need or trouble, what does the Lord want you to do, as far as
you are able? 1 John 3:16-18; Gal. ________________________________________
12. When you do this you are acting like ___________________________. Acts
Now that I belong to the Lord Jesus, I must not go on being “wrapped up in myself”. Must develop sensitivity to Cod, always being conscious of his presence, Psalms 139:7-12. I must develop sensitivity to people and their needs as Jesus did.
This growth does not come automatically. It is a decision. Jesus said, “ to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away” Luke 19:26. I can fall back and die spiritually, or I can go forward and “grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord”.
Sit down right now and write down the practical steps you need to take in order to make the things this lesson happen in your life: personal devotion, witnessing, and helping the weak.
Those steps will be the steps that follow Jesus.