Contacts · Resources · Classes · Grading · Appointments · Safety · Glossary
Homework: Homework will be given daily and is due at the beginning of the next class. Homework is worth 5 to 10 points. A quiz consisting of 1 or 2 homework problems from the previous week may be given in place of homework.
Tests and quizzes: Quizzes are worth 10 to 25 points. Tests are worth up to 100 points. Quizzes will be given at least once month. Tests will be given 2 or 3 times a quarter.
Labs: Labs are worth 10 to 30 points. Labs will be graded on safety, participation, and write-up. Reports must be neatly written or typed.
Research projects: To explore other aspects of chemistry, small research projects will be assigned throughout the year.
You must make up missed tests and quizzes the day you return, and you must submit missed homework assignments and labs within two days for every one day you missed. Failure to make up work on time will result in a 0 for that test or assignment.
You can meet with Mr. Dubé in room H113 before or after school or during most lunch hours. Do not hesitate to ask for help! It can be very hard to catch up if you fall behind.
Labs are completed weekly. Because of the potential danger of any lab exercise, you expected to follow the highest standards of conduct. Misbehavior can result in dismissal from the lab.
- Follow the written and oral directions carefully and immediately.
- Never perform any procedure not specifically assigned in the lab.
- No playful behavior is permitted in the lab.
- Safety equipment must be worn as directed at all times, even if you find it uncomfortable or unbecoming.
- No food, drinks, or loose clothing are permitted in the lab.