WARRANTY AND RETURN POLICY
UPDATED: WARRANTY AND RETURN POLICY AS OF 7-01-09
Machinery Parts Midwest is refered to as MPM
"Warranty & Return Policy"
New aftermarket parts assumed to be defective will be authorized for return up to 6 months from the date of sale. Defective parts will be reviewed for credit by our Quality Control Department.
In the event an item does not qualify as defective, the part will be returned to the sender freight collect.
The warranty period and return policy for NON new aftermarket parts such as new oem surplus, rebuilt or used parts will be as per purchase order and the buyers written purchase order must request warranty information on those items.
Exporting parts out of the U.S. may void any warranty. Generally, exported parts will not be warranted and all shipping costs, fees, duties, paperwork are the responsibilty of the buyer. .
------------------ ITEMS NOT COVERED
Machinery Parts Midwest is NOT responsible for the following:
1. Labor charges of any kind.
2. Transporting the product to and from the place where the service is performed or service calls made by the repairing dealer.
3. Depreciation or damage caused by normal wear, lack of reasonable and proper maintenance, failure to follow operating instructions, misuse, lack of proper protection during storage, vandalism, the elements, collision or other accident.
4. Normal maintenance and replacement of maintenance and wear items, such as filters, coolants, and conditioners, belts, dry brakes and dry clutch linings.
5. Any defect in a non-covered component, or damage to or failure of a covered component caused by a defect in a non-covered component.
6. Damage caused by improper service or installation.
7. Damage caused in transit. Damage to goods must be reported immediately. NOTE "In most cases shipping companies will not pay for damaged goods if unreported at time of delivery, we will assist you in collecting from shipping companies, but cannot gaurantee a refund. "Always inspect your shipment at time of delivery, it is your responsibility".
--------------------------------------------------- UNAPPROVED SERVICE OR MODIFICATION MPM is relieved of its obligation under this limited warranty if:
1. Service (other than normal maintenance and replacement of service items) is performed by someone other than a qualified proffesional mechanic.
2. The product is modified or altered in ways not approved by MPM.
3. Any product that has been disassembled prior to return to MPM for warranty inspection.
PARTS REPLACED UNDER COMPETITIVE REPAIR LIMITED WARRANTY
Only new or remanufactured parts or components furnished or approved by MPM, will be used if MPM elects to repair the product. If any such part or component is defective in material or workmanship when installed in the product, MPM will replace, repair or refund the price paid for the part as it elects, such defective part or component, provided the defect is reported to MPM within 60 days after installation or before expiration of the applicable machine warranty, whichever is later.
To obtain MPM limited warranty, the purchaser must present evidence of the productís delivery date, make the product available at the dealerís place of business, and inform the dealer in what way the purchaser believes the product to be defective. Travel time and mileage charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OR OTHER REPRESENTATION
Where permitted by law, neither MPM nor any company affiliated with it makes any warranties, representations or promises, express or implied, as to the quality, performance, or freedom from defect of MPM products, other than those set forth on this page.
NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS IS MADE.
LIMITATION OF PURCHASERíS REMEDIES
Where permitted by law, the purchaserís only remedies in connection with the breach or performance of any warranty on any MPM product are those set forth on this page. IN NO EVENT, WILL THE DEALER, MPM OR ANY COMPANY AFFILIATED WITH MPM BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, RENTAL OF SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT OR OTHER COMMERCIAL LOSS. IN THE EVENT THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY IS DEEMED TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, PURCHASERíS BACKUP REMEDY IS LIMITED TO REIMBURSEMENT OF THE RETAIL PRICE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE SUBJECT PART LESS ANY SHIPPING CHARGES.
NO DEALER WARRANTY
The selling dealer makes no warranty of his own on any item covered by this limited warranty, and makes no warranty on other items unless he delivers to the purchaser a separate written warranty certificate specifically warranting the item. The dealer has no authority to make any representation or promise on the behalf of MPM, or to modify the terms or limitations of this limited warranty in any way.
RETURN POLICY: A return authorization number must be obtained before returning any part. Special order parts are non-returnable and non-refundable. Special order parts include any part or parts not normally stocked by MPM. Special order parts will be quoted as such. All parts authorized for return are subject to, at the discretion of MPM, a 15% restock fee and all shipping costs are the buyers responsibility. Exporting parts out of the U.S. may void any warranty. Generally, exported parts will not be warranted and all shipping costs, fees, duties, paperwork are the responsibilty of the buyer. .
MPM is engaged in selling new aftermarket, non-OEM parts also refered to as "replacement parts". OEM part numbers and brand names are used only to describe those parts. "OEM" may be refered to as "any manufacturer" that manufactures parts for a major equipment dealer or any manufacturer that "at one time" manufactured parts for a particular dealer. Example, if you need Caterpillar brand only, you must specify in writing "Caterpillar Brand Only" on your purchase order. These policies are subject to change at any time.