January 2007 Meeting Minutes
KCAR club meeting
Date: January 27, 2007
Time: 2 to 4PM
Loc: Trails West Library, Independence, MO
- Martin Ashwell
- Tim Burger
- Randall Jessee
- Dave Lucas
- Alan Shaffmaster
- Bob Wingate
Reading of the previous meeting minutes: Approved as read.
The treasurer gave a report: the current balance is $759.39.
There was no business left over from the last meeting.
- A motion was made to waive the membership dues for the six members present. The motion was seconded. Dave stated that this removes the financial burden for the members present and recognizes those who are committed to the club. (Editors note: it further removes any uncertainty as to who is a qualified member for the next item, namely election of officers.) Motion carried unanymously.
- Election of Officers: After a brief discussion of qualifications, the president entertained nominations for officers for the coming season.
Member at Large:
(All nominations were seconded immediately.)
A ballot type election was then held with the following results (Sorry, didnt record the vote tallys - Editor.)
||Member at L.
- Launch Dates: New launch dates were discussed. Due to the nature of this topic, the rules of the meeting were temporarily set aside to allow open discussion. Bob set forward the suggestion that we make an allowance for a different date for the Fall Meet to encourage competitors from Wichita to attend our contest. His suggested dates were put forward. The new schedule for 2007 was ratified by all members present.
- Jan 20th - Polar Bear Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- Feb 17th - Polar Bear Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- Mar 17th - Sport Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- Apr 21st - Sport Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- May 19th - Contest Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- Jun 16th - Sport Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- Jul 21st - Sport Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- Aug 25th - Sport Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- Sep 15th - Sport Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- Oct 13th & 14th - Fall Meet location to be determined
- Nov 17th - Sport Launch at Shawnee Mission Park
- A motion was made to recharter the club for 2007; the secretary/treasurer will send the required fee and form to the NAR headquarters for processing. Motion was seconded and approved unanymously.
These minutes were recorded by Tim Burger from notes and memory. We all
know my memory isnt what it was, so feel free to point out any
inaccuracies or mistakes and make clarifications that you might feel are
Return to Meeting Minutes Index
KCAR Home Page
Last updated: March 7, 2007