Church of Jesus Christ
Washington Restoration Branch
Welcome to our Congregation!
In an effort to inform you in the many activities here in the Branch, that you are invited to participate in, we have listed the following calendar of events. To help convey the doctrine of our beliefs to those that may be interested to know what we believe, we have provided our Statement of Faith. Our hope is that by providing you this helpful information, you will better understand the beliefs of the Church and will feel welcome to participate in the many activities here. Our heartfelt prayer is that God will bless you in great abundance as you seek Him out and fellowship with the body of Christ.
15528 Washington School Road
Excelsior Springs, Missouri 64024
Pastor: Elder Steve Ferdig
9:30 a.m.-Family Worship
9:45 a.m.-Sunday School
7:00 p.m. Prayer & Testimony Service
1st Sunday: Sacrament Service
2nd Sunday: Basket Dinner
DATE ORGANIZED: April, 1992
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS:
1. We believe in God the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
3. We believe that through the atonement of Jesus Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel;
4. We believe that these ordinaces are: 1st - Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; 2nd - Repentance; 3rd - Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; and 4th - Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God by prophecy and by laying on of hands by those who are in authority to preach the gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church. Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists, etc.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, etc.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all the God has revealed, all that he does now reveal, and we believe that he will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the 10 Tribes, that Zion will be built upon this continent, that Christ will reign personally upon the earth, and that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiac glory.
11. We claim privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our conscience, and allow all men the same privilege. Let them worship how, where or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers and magistrates in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous and in doing good to all men. Indeed we may say we follow the admonition of Paul, "we believe all things, we hope all things," we have endured many things and hope to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
From 69 Hwy: Take 69 Hwy to the N.W. side of Excelsior Springs and turn West on 92 Hwy. Turn N. (right) on Washington School Road which is 1 block W. of 69 Hwy. Go 1/2 mile on Washington School Road and the church is on the E. (right) side of the road.
From I-35 Hwy: Take I-35 Hwy to the Kearney exit. Take 92 Hwy E. approximately 8 miles to Washington School Road (1 block W. of 69 Hwy). Turn N. (left) on Washington School Road and the church is 1/2 miles down on the E. (right) side of the road.
My Favorite Links
Centerplace Home Page