The 3rd Killer Theory (Scream 1)
I thought you may find the info below interesting. It backs up my idea that there is a 3rd killer in the Scream films. I also think that it is Dewey. If you have any more info about there being a third killer from the scream films, please let me know.
The 3rd Killer Theory (Scream 1) contains 'SPOILER'
- The Opening Scene. The first part in the movie that will convince you that there's a third killer is in the opening scene of the movie. This scene shows that there are two killers, because Casey locks all the doors. Neither Casey nor the visible killer opens it, yet her parents just push the door open when they arrive at her house. One of the killers was Billy. But was the other Stu? In the scene at school, where Billy, Syd, Tatum, Stu, and Randy are sitting around, Randy makes the comment that Stu is the killer, because he used to date Casey. Tatum would then go on to say that Stu was with her last night. So, if there were two killers at Casey’s house, Stu wasn’t one of them. There could actually be a third killer, or it could be just a big mistake in the movie.
- The Stalk Scenes. Later, after Principal Himbry is murdered, Syd and Tatum are at the Riley residence, talking about Sydney’s mother. After they leave for the grocery store, we see Mr. Ghostface in the bushes, following them. Next scene is at the video store where Randy is working. Stu and Billy are there. Wait, one of them was just watching Tatum and Syd? I guess either one could have quickly watched where Syd was going, and hopped over to the video store to create an alibi. But in the next scene, Syd and Tatum are at the supermarket, being again watched by Mr. Ghostface. Why would either Billy or Stu go to all that trouble just to watch two girls who were going to be at Stu’s house that night anyway? Because a third different person followed them from school. It was (possibly) the same person who attacked Syd in the bathroom, because neither Billy nor Stu had the time to get in there ahead of her.
- Tatum's Death. At Stu’s party, Tatum is murdered. By who? Well, you might say either Billy or Stu could have easily done it. Or could they? Stu was greeting people into his house. How could he have slinked away, gotten dressed, and killed Tatum without being noticed? He’s definitly out of the question! So, it’s just Billy. Billy did NOT arrive at the party until Tatum was killed, so it must have been him, right? Not likely! The killer entered through the house, killed Tatum, and went back into the house. If it was Billy, Syd would have noticed him. But, if it was just a regular person, who would have known?
- Faking Billy's Death. Another point is the scene where Syd locks the door on Ghostface in the bedroom after Billy is (not) killed. As she runs down the stairs, Ghostface appears again in 4 seconds (calculated from the time the banging on the bedroom door stopped to when Syd saw Ghostface). Now Stu was locked in, and Billy was playing dead and ALSO locked in. So, there must have been a third killer.
- We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes. Watch Billy in the final scene with Stu. He is obviously commanding him. And when Billy tells Syd of his real motive, Stu looks shocked! He was clueless! A complete nutcase that would help Billy when his other guy (or girl) couldn’t. And it looked like Billy was going to kill Stu anyway, the way he started to slice him in the kitchen. Getting rid of him would be logical, since Billy already had another accomplice.
- Kevin Williamson seemed to have put a secret 3rd killer in Scream. It could be possible that that killer is coming back and will probably be in Scream 3 as one of the visible killers.