Hello and Welcome to The Country Kitchen! We are "Country" here and love any and all things related to Country! Come in, sit down and relax! We are informal here, so don't worry about your attire! We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so come back as often as you like! We enjoy your company. You will never find anything offensive in this cafe-we love good, clean fun! We are a family oriented cafe.
Being a Registered Nurse, I am knowledgeable of the needs of a balanced diet to maintain health and well-being and to aid in healing the body.
The body needs food and nutrients to supply the energy and "go power" necessary for all the activities of daily living.
Foods are converted into a sugar which is then converted into energy by the liver and pancreas and is the nourishment for the brain.
If you are lacking in any of these vital nutrients, you can cause harm to the body and delay the natural healing power of the body in times of sickness and illness-surgery included.
A well balanced diet helps the body to maintain its level of wellness.
A lack in dietary management not only affects the body, but affects the brain also-which affects our ability to think clearly or properly.
This in turn affects our energy levels and our ability to sleep adequately.
A well balanced diet consists of the 4 major food groups-milk, vegetables, meats and breads.
All of the vital nutrients can be obtained from these in our diets.
There are Diets and There are Diets!
* A diet is a weigh of life.
* It's something most of us do religiously: We eat what we want and pray we don't gain weight.
* A diet is what you go on when not only can't you fit into the store's dresses, you can't fit into the dressing room.
* One guideline applies to fat and thin people alike:
If you're thin, don't eat fast.
If you're fat, don't eat...fast.
* The problem with curbing our appetites is that most of us do it at the drive in window of McDonalds.
* The most fattening thing you can put in an ice cream sundae is a spoon.
* The biggest drawback to fasting for seven days is that it makes one weak.
* Above all, dieters are advised to avoid Pepsi, the pause that refleshes.
* Sweets are the destiny that shapes our ends.
* Diets are for people who are thick and tired of it.
* The toughest part of a diet isn't watching what you eat. It's watching what other people eat.
* Diets are for women who not only kept their girlish figure but doubled it.
* A diet is when you have to go to some length to change your width.
* It's not the minutes spent at the table that put on weight, it's the seconds.
* Many women reduce and reduce, yet still never manage to become a bargain.
* The best way to lose weight is by skipping...snacks and dessert.
* Most people gain weight by having intimate dinners for two...alone.
* People go to Weight Watchers to learn their lessons.
* A diet is the modern-day meal in which a family counts its calories instead of its blessings.
Thank you for visiting with us and I hope you will come back often and soon!
I hope you enjoyed your visit and will tell your family and friends about our cafe and encourage them to visit with us.
If you have any recipes, comments or suggestions, please email me!
We have enjoyed your company!
Do come back again soon!
God's Free Long Distance Calls
AMAZING! Someone Still Cares!
New Beginnings-My Other Home Page!
Heart Foundation -Exercise
Exercise and Your Heart
A Cardiac Patient's Approach to Healthier Dieting
From the Cardiac Fitness Center Kitchen
Cardiac Diet Nutritional Information
The Love Chef
RBC Ministries Home Page