Disclaimer: I don't own LOTR

"Return Home"
by Trunks's Gal

Chapter Four: A Stranger, and a Danger


        Everyone sat along a long table in the palace. Nimbus and Legolas sat at the head; both wore crowns of pure gold that showed everyone that they were, indeed, the king and queen.
        Someone tapped on their glass, and Gimli stood up.
        "I would like to propose a toast," he started to say, but was interupted by the hooded stranger.
        "Excuse me Gimli, but I would like to make this toast."
        There was dead silence in the room. Legolas stood up, and the man took his hood off.
        "Aragorn!" Legolas exclaimed, he sounded like a little boy.
        "Please take your seat old friend. I would like to make this toast."
        Legolas sat down, and Aragorn cleared his throat.
        "I was dead to the world for the last ten years, but I refused to miss this day."
        Aragorn turned towards Arwen.
        "I'm sorry I made you cry," he told her. "But enough with the sad. I came today to celebrate the marriage of two of the most amazing elves I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. To Nimbus and Legolas!"
        "Here here!" the rest of the room answered.
        Nimbus rose from her chair. She did not look happy or anything that should have looked like after her own wedding.
        "Are you sure you killed Luniar?" she demanded of Gimli.
        "Possitive," Gimli answered, "why do you ask?"
        Nimbus looked around.
        "He's in this room."
        Everyone looked around.
        "Are you sure?" Arwen asked.
        Nimbus nodded.
        "Why do you doubt me, Arwen?" she asked.
        "I've never known you to sense anything before," Arwen answered.
        "I heard him. I would know his footsteps anywhere."
        Someone laughed gruffly.
        "My dear," he said. "You lived in the woods too long! Luniar has been dead for ten years!
        As soon as those words left the man's mouth, an arrow was launched threw his head. It was thrusted so hard, that the point came out of his forhead.
        Nimbus screamed and the room was thrown into chaos. Nimbus grabbed onto Legolas.
        "We must get out of here."