DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN LOTR

A/N: ARE YOU READY FOR THE WEDDING? DON'T GET MAD IF THE PRIEST MESSES UP IN WHAT HE SAYS, I'VE ONLY TO BEEN A WEDDING TWICE ONCE WHEN I WAS LIKE FIVE AND THE OTHER I DIDN'T EXACTLY WORK RIGHT, MY COUSIN CRIED TOO MUCH.


"Return Home"
by Trunks's Gal

Chapter Three: The Wedding


        On July 18 that year, Nimbus and Legolas finally had their wedding. Everyone was there. Since Nimbus's father was dead, Beokia was going to walk her down the isle.
        Seated in the front row were Arwen, Frodo, Pippin, Merry, Sam, Elrond, Gimli, and someone in a heavy cloak covering their face. No one knew who it was, but then again, no one really cared. This was the most waited event in a long time.
        Music started to play, and everyone cranned their necks to see a group of female elves walk down the isle dressed in pale yellow dresses. Legolas stood on his toes trying to see Nimbus.
        Then a group of male elves walked down, some looking happy, others solemn. They reached the altar a few seconds after the female elves, and took their spots. Arwen nodded at them, and they adjusted their order.
        Finally, the music changed, and everyone turned fully around in their seat. Legolas smiled from ear to ear as he saw Beokia walking Nimbus down the isle. Her blonde hair was cascading down her shoulders, and it was topped with the white flowers.
        Beokia smiled at everyone as he continued walking Nimbus. They finally reached the altar, and Nimbus faced Legolas. She was smiling, and tears of joy streamed down her face. Legolas wipped a tear off, and they faced the priest.
        "Dearly Beloved. We are gathered here today to join these two elves, Legolas Greenleaf and Nimbus Eveningstar in holy matrimony. If anyone has any objects, speak now, or forever hold your peace."
        The priest glanced around the room. No one showed any signs of wanting the wedding to stop. Everyone wanted the two to get married.
        "If no one has any objects, then I would like to have the couple exchange their vows."
        Nimbus looked at Legolas and smiled.
        "I'll go first," she said.
        The priest nodded and Nimbus took a deep breath.
        "I know that Legolas and I have been through a lot threw the last ten years. I've learned that I can always trust him, and that I do, indeed, want to spend the rest of my life with him. He's the elf of my dreams, and I never want to lose him..."
        Nimbus started to cry, and choked for a second. Legolas set his hand on her shoulder.
        "We don't have to do this if you don't want to," he told her.
        Nimbus shook her head.
        "I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you," she said. "I guess that's the end of my vows."
        Legolas smiled at her, then started.
        "Nimbus, I was in love with you from the moment I met you. You were a cure from the life I've been living, and I needed that. Then, we sort of broke up, when I thought that you were a witch, but then, when I saw you on that tree. Your hair was just like it is now, beautiful," Nimbus blushed, "and you drew me to you. I don't want to lose you, and I never have. You've been my life for the last ten years, and you've taught me so much. I love you, and I will for all time."
        The priest was teary-eyed at this time, as well as everyone in their seats.
        "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."
        Legolas leaned forward and kissed Nimbus's lips like he never had before. There was so much passion, that Nimbus never wanted to let go, but when she did, there was an endless wave of applause. She smiled at Legolas, ready and willing to face any challange that came their way.
        Slowly, the couple walked together for the first time as Mr. and Mrs. Greenleaf. As they pasted by, Gimli lost control and ran to the two. He hugged them both, and walked with them to the palace for a feast that no one there would ever forget.